Product Marketing Manager, PCM - 18 Month Contract
- 250 Bowie Ave, Toronto, ON M6E 2R9, Canada
Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. Our purpose-based platform HUMANATURE and philosophy that humans are a part of nature and nature is a part of us informs everything we do. From the materials we use to the products we make, everything is meticulously crafted and built to last. At Canada Goose we endure any condition, observe every detail, and take the long view in order to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
The Product Marketing Manager, PCM, will lead the development and implementation of global product marketing strategy and the global consumer calendar as the key cross-functional tool across the business. This is a leadership role requiring collaboration most closely between Marketing and Commercial teams, as well as in partnership with the Product team and agency partners. The role is global in scope so the Product Marketing Manager, PCM will also consider the needs of diverse markets.
- Lead and oversee the growth of the Product Marketing PCM team by supporting the development of their direct-reports as well as foster new relationships between agency and freelance partners as needed.
- Lead strategy, development and communication of the Global Consumer Calendar – a key cross-functional tool outlining all major consumer-facing activities on a rolling 18-month basis.
- Liaise with Product and Commercial teams to consider the end-to-end consumer experience.
- Maintain a deep understanding of CG product, consumers, categories, and competition while also developing insights and strategies to drive the business.
- Embed a strategic data-driven approach to decision-making by using data analytics, to interpret test results, rolling out test wins, and implementing improvements to drive results.
- Lead, develop and maintain strong relationships with external partners, vendors and suppliers.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with external and internal partners.
- Observe role as key Central Marketing relationship owner within the Central Sales Planning team.
- Lead strategies, processes and tools and provide recommendations to support the Central Marketing Team and their product needs.
- Develop, guide, and manage annual and long-term budgets, manage all project resources, including third party consultants.
- Implement process improvements and areas for cost savings across all projects.
- Core leader and mentor on the Commercial Marketing leadership team.
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Marketing position
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies and preferred tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior computer skills, especially MS Office, Excel (pivot tables), Word and PowerPoint
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Proven record of success in traditional and non-traditional marketing with measurable results
- Industry experience in Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) or apparel industry, but will consider candidates with a strong understanding of the industry and with diverse backgrounds
- Business and team management experience
- Knowledge of brand planning, budgeting, business analysis, advertising, promotions merchandising, research and analysis
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Highly organized and analytical
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal, written and oral (presentations)
- Ability to build and maintain close working relationships and act as liaison with cross-functional and external stakeholders
- Highly motivated, and a self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates Canada Goose’s values consistently, taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting personal commitment
Office based with limited travel – less than 5% of time