- 250 Bowie Ave, Toronto, ON M6E 2R9, Canada
Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. Our purpose-based platform HUMANATURE and philosophy that humans are a part of nature and nature is a part of us informs everything we do. From the materials we use to the products we make, everything is meticulously crafted and built to last. At Canada Goose we endure any condition, observe every detail, and take the long view in order to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible for supporting and auditing Canada Goose facilities and supporting their quality concerns. The Coordinator is responsible to collect and analyze data, create, and share reports to ensure continuous improvement. The QA Coordinator follows Canada Goose’s performance standards, procedures, and audit controls to meet the QA department and CG business requirements and must be capable of multi-tasking autonomously while working in a team environment to perform tasks cross-functionally.
- Responsible to audit and release finished goods, ensuring production is up to CG standards.
- Inspect and provide improvement suggestions on reference samples and pre-production samples to various stakeholders.
- Collect and analyze inspection data, initiate corrective action reports, and lead meetings to deal with non-conformance.
- Ensure respective CG facility is following up on non-conformance reports and implementing quality preventative measures.
- Use quality expertise to provide technical assistance to manufacturing departments, investigate and provide feedback on quality concerns.
- Audit the facility on CG corporate policies and SOPs.
- Provide regular feedback to Quality Leaders regarding garment and contractor performance.
- Update and maintain Quality Assurance SOP’s, manufacturing processes, manuals, and instructional tools.
- Work cross functionally with related departments to find solutions to quality concerns/CAPA’s and continuously improve the quality of CG products.
- Continuous cross-departmental support to manufacturing, product development/ product engineering, sales, warranty, customer service and marketing.
- Communicate and support offshore vendors and 3rd party inspectors to ensure quality standards are met through SOP, QA guidelines, and sample & inspection reports.
- learn and update QA program as an application administrator.
- Guide and train inspection work teams to promote and maintain acceptable levels of quality.
- Must be proactive and take accountability for assigned ad hoc projects.
Experience, Education and Designations:
- 2 years of experience in the Garment Industry OR
- Degree or Diploma in Fashion/Textiles Manufacturing.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction and patternmaking.
- Understanding manufacturing processes within the garment industry.
- Understanding of Technical Packages (manuals).
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills ensuring effective teamwork and relations with all levels of the organization.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized and able to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize and handle challenges.
- Action and Goal oriented, innovative, able to meet targets by planning while employing logic and ingenuity.
- Understanding in app administrator preferred.
- Manufacturing environment