Financial Analyst (contractor)
- Baarerstrasse, 6300 Zug, Switzerland
Born in the North
Canada Goose was born in the Arctic, where the difference between life and death, quite literally, hangs by a thread. It’s the only place where we can fully understand the what the meaning of “cold” really is, and it’s why we do what we do. But it’s not for everyone. Some call the Arctic landscape relentless. Dark, dangerous and uninviting. We call it home. It’s also home to the people of the North – the foremost experts in cold. Just as the Italians know knits and the British know wool, northern communities know parkas. Like us, they embrace living off the land and have a strong and meaningful respect for nature. We honour them, never losing sight of the wisdom we can learn from their patience, resilience and deep connection to all that surrounds them.
Our Purpose - We inspire and enable all people to engage with the outside world.
At Canada Goose, nature is our North Star. We aren’t simply linked to nature – we’re guided and inspired by it. Our connection to the environment compels us to design functionally superior products so people can immerse themselves in the outside world. Our first parkas were made for northerners, those living in the coldest places on Earth. Today, our products continue to be designed for the extreme outdoors, but they’ve also been adapted for all aspects of modern life – past the four walls that shelter us and beyond our everyday experiences. Whether you’re crossing the rugged terrain of Antarctica or commuting in rush-hour during a downpour, we endure any extreme, observe every detail, and take the long view to make clothing that enables everyone to live out there, wherever “out there” is for them.
Our Core Belief - Greatness Is Out There
Canada Goose is more than a company that makes best-in-class outerwear. We’re a community that’s propelled forward by one core belief: greatness. Greatness has driven us to where we are today, and it’s always been at the heart of Canada Goose. It’s a journey, not a destination. Whether that means honouring traditional methods of craftsmanship, supporting explorers around the globe, or enabling people to discover more about the world, we’re moving towards something bigger than ourselves. Greatness is about making possibilities limitless, and creating your own definition of what it means to you here at Canada Goose.
- Providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies
- Improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance
- Providing effective financial procedures, or initiating change, to ensure key financial targets are delivered
- Building partnerships and strong relationships with all business stakeholders and providing financial support to influence key business decisions
- Delivering analysis and insight on business opportunities; providing options and scenarios for business decisions
- Presenting financial performance, full year forecasts and budget variances including understanding financial opportunities and risk
- Understanding the cost drivers of the business and providing insight to the non-finance members
- Maintain, improve and develop existing reporting pack (P&L, CAPEX, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow), understanding at a detailed level, prepare monthly presentation to the management
- Translate data into meaningful and actionable reports
- New Business Development Modelling and Business Case Documentation. Establish a business case best practise/model and process for the business to adopt.
- Develop a KPI dashboard and follow up on the implementation to recommend actions to management which will improve operational performance.
- Challenging current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Passed finalists of a Professional accounting designation (ACCA, CIMA or CA) with broad exposure to Financial analysis, or
- Qualified by experience with a BSc or MSc in Business and Economics or Finance.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in business partnering, financial analysis, controlling and reporting, ideally in a retail, or consumer goods company.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
(Please provide all required knowledge, skills, and attributes, bullet form format)
- Ability to influence key business decisions
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong IT skills (Excel, PowerBI, Dynamic 365 are a must)
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Fluent in English, any other language will be a plus
- Comfortable working in fast moving, fast changing and challenging environment