Assistant Store Manager, Operations
- 3333 Bristol St, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, USA
Born in the North
Canada Goose was born in the Arctic, where the difference between life and death, quite literally, hangs by a thread. It’s the only place where we can fully understand the what the meaning of “cold” really is, and it’s why we do what we do. But it’s not for everyone. Some call the Arctic landscape relentless. Dark, dangerous and uninviting. We call it home. It’s also home to the people of the North – the foremost experts in cold. Just as the Italians know knits and the British know wool, northern communities know parkas. Like us, they embrace living off the land and have a strong and meaningful respect for nature. We honour them, never losing sight of the wisdom we can learn from their patience, resilience and deep connection to all that surrounds them.
Our Purpose - We inspire and enable all people to engage with the outside world.
At Canada Goose, nature is our North Star. We aren’t simply linked to nature – we’re guided and inspired by it. Our connection to the environment compels us to design functionally superior products so people can immerse themselves in the outside world. Our first parkas were made for northerners, those living in the coldest places on Earth. Today, our products continue to be designed for the extreme outdoors, but they’ve also been adapted for all aspects of modern life – past the four walls that shelter us and beyond our everyday experiences. Whether you’re crossing the rugged terrain of Antarctica or commuting in rush-hour during a downpour, we endure any extreme, observe every detail, and take the long view to make clothing that enables everyone to live out there, wherever “out there” is for them.
Our Core Belief - Greatness Is Out There
Canada Goose is more than a company that makes best-in-class outerwear. We’re a community that’s propelled forward by one core belief: greatness. Greatness has driven us to where we are today, and it’s always been at the heart of Canada Goose. It’s a journey, not a destination. Whether that means honouring traditional methods of craftsmanship, supporting explorers around the globe, or enabling people to discover more about the world, we’re moving towards something bigger than ourselves. Greatness is about making possibilities limitless, and creating your own definition of what it means to you here at Canada Goose.
The Assistant Store Manager, Operations is responsible for operational efficiency and quality of experience in the store and work closely to support the Store Manager in all store performance areas – Store Financial Performance, People Management & Engagement, Customer Experience and Operational Excellence. Ensure that the respective location achieves its financial targets (revenue and profit) as well measured by quantitative and qualitative Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of the store and create an experience that allows customers to continuously conquer the outdoors. Drive operational efficiency through payroll, inventory management, store systems, Point-Of-Sale (POS), loss prevention, and scheduling. Finally, lead and mentor their direct reports (Team Leaders) to ensure excellence in all areas and they maintain Canada Goose’s expectations of quality and authenticity.
Store Financial Performance:
- Achieve or exceed sales targets including both the top and bottom line results
- Analyze and proactively react to inventory planning and maintain proper inventory metrics such as stock-ins, turnover, and flow
- Maintain loss prevention procedures that minimize unnecessary loss and increase security at respective store
- Ensure overall accuracy and efficiency in inventory and cash store operating procedures measured by shrink
- Payroll and schedule management to maximize productivity and enhance customer experience measured by Sales per hour (SPH)
- Management of in store operation systems (Point of sale, Workday, etc.)
- Performs store opening and closing procedures in alignment with company standards
- Regularly review company’s email and other communication tools to ensure applicable messages are shared with Brand Ambassadors and to act on those messages in a timely manner
- Other responsibilities may be added to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure an outstanding customer experience through operational efficiency (such as: stock room management, cash wrap experience and sales floor best practices)
- Drive our Net Promoter Score (NPS)
People Management & Engagement:
- Training on standard operating procedures; ensure brand ambassadors have the proper understanding of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the potential impact on the business
- Motivate and inspire the Brand Ambassadors to create brand loyalty and inspire a positive store environment
- Coach and mentor direct reports to improve performance and develop future leaders; identify external talent for Canada Goose’s retail business
- Ensure an outstanding employee experience and drive Employee Engagement
Experience, Education and Designations:
- 3-5 years retail management Experience
- Proven track record in store operations
- Experience working with affluent and luxury brands is an asset
- Previous Flagship or high-volume traffic experience is an asset
- Experience in maintaining operational excellence in retail stores (payroll, shrink management, inventory management, etc.)
- Payroll and expense management
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Inventory, Scheduling and Payroll management
- Solid understanding of retail math and using analytics in a business environment
- Operations expert- driving performance through internal KPI’s
- Analytical driver with keen attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and flexible to work retail hours (standard, peak and holiday)
- Strong time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Solid knowledge and understanding of retail metrics
- Consistently exhibits Canada Goose’s Values, taking pride in being innovative, authentic, passionate, relentless, and entrepreneurial
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office; specifically, Word and Excel
- Proficiency in another language is an asset
- Environment: This position is based in a Canada Goose Flagship Store in either a prominent high-street (Stand Alone) or a Premium Shopping Centre (Mall) environment. These are large (4500 Square Foot) stores, newly built or renovated. The expectation is that the Assistant Manager is supporting on the floor in all operational areas.
- Hours: This position is a critical leader as she/he is responsible for customer and employee experience. This position will be required to be available based on the needs of the business. Weekends are a key part of the business and most weekends will require the Assistant Manager for at least 1 weekend day. In the early days of opening stores, peak and holiday business, nights and weekends will be required regularly.
- Typical workday: The Assistant Manager will be a leader on the selling floor. A typical day will involve reviewing store and brand ambassador, operations performance metrics, while the balance will be spent meeting with the Store Leadership Team and coaching to the KPI’s. Most of this time is spent on the floor and on your feet.