Director of Learning and Development
- 110 Miller Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Campfire Interactive is a leader in cloud-based Opportunity Management & Sales Forecasting, Quote Lifecycle Management, and Program, Project & Issues Management. We work with many of the world’s largest automotive suppliers, an exciting industry facing big changes from electrification of vehicles to globally distributed supply chains. Rapid adoption of Campfire software has resulted in our company being named to the Inc. 5000 as one of America’s fastest growing companies.
This is where YOU will impact the future of our business. Campfire’s unique, powerful, and cost-effective solution suite has kindled a growing base of happy customers around the world by bringing future and current revenues and costs under a single roof, with advanced functionality to create, analyze, and modify plans, optimize portfolios, and manage long-term profitability. Campfire’s technology sparks unprecedented insight into a company’s bottom line, which can unleash the freedom to focus on the decisions that matter most. Join our visionary tech company and talented and passionate team as we continue to develop such valuable systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
A key factor in our company’s growth is the pace and depth at which new employees acquire knowledge and skills required in their roles. Campfire needs to reimage ways in which we conduct employee training, and build and measure competencies. Similarly, the time to customer productivity and growth of our software user base is impacted by our effectiveness in delivering customer training on the Campfire software system. Industry expertise and knowledge of Campfire team members has long been a top competitive advantage, and we must improve on this lead as we rapidly grow our team.
As Director of Learning and Development, these are the opportunities you will face with primary responsibility for our company’s knowledge management. Time to employee and customer productivity will be key metrics for your success. Our candidate is driven by the desire to bring out the best of every person and every team. This position involves building and delivering learning and development programs and experiences, including the selection and implementation of the tools we use. Campfire must equip its employees and customers to address complex business processes with our software at large, global organizations.
The position reports directly to Campfire’s Chief Operating Officer. Our candidate is motivated by being a pioneer in this area with a new role for Campfire at a time of high growth and velocity for our business. The candidate brings solid experience in project/program management and learning and development programs to Campfire. In addition, our candidate has a deep understanding of factors that contribute to high productivity from learning and using software solutions such as Campfire.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Define and execute L&D strategies in collaboration with the company’s executive team
- Execute data collection, dashboarding and reporting to leadership
- Determine what knowledge and skills are required by role within our company and customers for a learning curriculum
- Build and execute a project plan for effective, efficient delivery of training programs using a variety of delivery options
- Partner with hiring managers across all organizational functions in design and delivery of new hire training programs with individualized learning paths
- Drive selection and implementation of learning software platform for internal employee and external customer use
- Lead initiatives to accelerate, systematize and scale product training and competency building
- Take inventory of existing content and training assets, identify gaps and improvements, and drive activities across team members to develop and package digital content
- Measure effectiveness of learning programs and implement continuous improvement approach
- Collaborate with Director, HR and Talent in your responsibilities and ways to best attract and retain talent
Successful Candidates Will Demonstrate:
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment while also being able to execute work independently
- Ability to problem-solve complex issues independently and with a team
- Meet project timelines and deadlines while producing high-quality work
- Ability to identify the big picture in all components of decision making using the top-down thinking approach
- Eagerness to learn and the ability to adapt to company culture.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, project team members, and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; requires a high energy, can-do individual
- Project management skills, extreme attention to detail and follow-up
- Proven aptitude to understand technologies and software systems
- Highly motivated and energetic, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ambitious, driven, persistent and confident in own ability to achieve targets
- Proven strategic thinker with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- 5+ years related experience in L&D, training and complex learning projects
- Experience with LMS management and learning tools
- End-to-end project/program management experience from conception, planning, execution, performance measurement through project close
- Proven track record of driving/impacting employee productivity
- Experience in computer software industry strongly preferred
- BA/BS degree in Business, HR, Organizational Psychology, Learning and/or related discipline
Currently, Campfire is working remotely to keep our employees safe and healthy! This individual might need to be in the office and able to meet with our customers when necessary.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We do not accept unsolicited 3rd party resumes.