Sr. Developer (SQL Server Expert)
- 110 Miller Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
Opportunities arise. Competitors emerge. Demand shifts. Volumes change. Prices rise and fall. Meanwhile, the bottom line, governing the most important decisions a CEO will make, hangs in the balance, as stakeholders await word on earnings, growth, prospects, and stock price.
That’s where we come in! Campfire’s unique, powerful, and cost-effective solution has kindled a growing base of happy customers around the world by bringing future and current revenues and costs under a single roof, with advanced functionality to create, analyze, and modify plans, optimize portfolios, and manage long-term profitability. Campfire’s technology sparks unprecedented insight into a company’s bottom line, unleashing the freedom to focus on the decisions that matter most. Join our visionary tech company and talented and passionate team as we continue to develop such valuable systems.
- Database design and architecture:
- Provide technical expertise on database design in development projects.
- Provide optimal design recommendations for application-to-database interaction.
- Configure and fine-tune databases to achieve and maintain required performance
- Database Performance tuning:
- Serve as the escalation point for performance issues
- Directly engage in Identify performance issue's root cause, propose a resolution strategy, and implement the resolution
- Establish best practices for database design and management
- Formulate, Implement, and enforce policies, procedures, and standards.
- Assist in decision-making on technologies (clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, etc.) to be used for maintaining current systems and incorporating new systems.
- Help and mentor your teammates in your areas of expertise
Successful Candidates Will Demonstrate:
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment while also being able to execute work independently
- Ability to problem-solve complex issues independently and with a team
- Meet project timelines and deadlines while producing high-quality work
- Ability to identify the big picture in all components of decision making using the top-down thinking approach.
- Eagerness to learn and the ability to adapt to company culture.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, project team members, and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Ability to perform mathematical tasks and to effectively solve given mathematical problems
- Structured good quality programming
- Enterprise Database Servers – MS SQL or equivalent, no SQL databases (Mongo, Cassendra etc.)
- SQL Queries execution plan
- Distributed Database Systems
- Transaction management
- DB reporting services and Integration with BI Tools
- Performance monitoring tools such as Spotlight, Redgate, Java Melody
- Full-stack J2EE application development, JDBC or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in software development related to database performance/scaling/optimization for an enterprise software vendor
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Currently, Campfire is working remotely to keep our employees safe and healthy! When we are able to return to the office it is expected that this person be in-office and able to meet with our customers a few days a week.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.