Director of Marketing
- 110 Miller Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
Opportunities arise. Competitors emerge. Demand shifts. Volumes change. Prices rise and fall. Meanwhile, the bottom line, governing the most important decisions a CEO will make, hangs in the balance, as stakeholders await word on earnings, growth, prospects, and stock price.
That’s where we come in! Campfire’s unique, powerful, and cost-effective solution has kindled a growing base of happy customers around the world by bringing future and current revenues and costs under a single roof, with advanced functionality to create, analyze, and modify plans, optimize portfolios, and manage long-term profitability. Campfire’s technology sparks unprecedented insight into a company’s bottom line, unleashing the freedom to focus on the decisions that matter most. Join our visionary tech company and talented and passionate team as we continue to develop such valuable systems.
The Director of Marketing is a role that requires an energetic, experienced, and passionate marketing professional with a strong communications background. The primary goal is to develop, manage, and implement programs and communications activities that maximize Campfire’s market awareness, market share, customer penetration, and product sales worldwide.
The ideal candidate is attracted by the opportunity to shape Campfire’s first significant investment in marketing. The candidate must be able to develop marketing programs and communications on his or her own, drawing upon experience leading a wide range of marketing activities from public relations to social media/web marketing to campaigns and events. The candidate must be able to orchestrate the input and effort of several individuals and groups, including outside agencies.
- Lead marketing communications, which defines our brand, positioning and marketing messages
- Position Campfire as the market leader via media, industry analysts and market influencers
- Drive web and social media marketing, including blogs and other community-building initiatives
- Maintain and improve the Campfire website as highly effective to support sales and recruiting
- Develop tools for sales productivity, including case studies, whitepapers and sales collateral
- Support sales activities with demand generation programs, including webinars, industry events & user conferences
- 7+ years of experience in marketing communications, marketing programs, and web marketing
- Previous experience designing effective marketing communication strategy and corporate positioning
- Abilities to translate product and technical advantages into high-impact business messages, ideally in the automotive and manufacturing marketplace; previous experience marketing/selling to sales and financial professionals is a big plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage time-sensitive projects with lots of moving pieces
- Must understand, and preferably have worked within, a small company environment
Educational & Work Experience
- BA/BS Marketing, Business, Communications or related field
- B2B/High-Tech experience preferred
- International experience a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.