Market Settlements Validation Analyst
- 250 Outcropping Way, Folsom, CA 95630, USA
The California Independent System Operator (ISO) manages the flow of electricity across the high-voltage, long-distance power lines that make up 80 percent of California's power grid. We safeguard the economy and well-being of 30 million Californians by "keeping the lights on" 24/7.
As the impartial grid operator, the California ISO opens access to the wholesale power market that is designed to diversify resources and lower prices. It also grants equal access to 25,865 circuit-miles of power lines and reduces barriers to diverse resources competing to bring power to customers.
The California ISO's function is often compared to that of air traffic controllers. It would be grossly unfair for air traffic controllers to represent one airline and profit from allowing that company's planes to go through before others. In the same way, the California ISO operates independently—managing the electron traffic on a power grid we do not own—making sure electricity is safely delivered to utilities and consumers on time and reliably.
Under the general direction of the Manager, the Market Settlement Validation Analyst participates in the verification, validation and correction of transactional data related to Markets, Scheduling and Grid Operations to ensure the quality of market data and settlement calculation results. Researches, analyzes, recommends and may implement data corrections. Suggests and implements standards, processes and controls for new and existing business practices. Assists in identifying root causes of systemic data issues and may recommend solutions. May participate on design implementation and testing teams for both business process and system changes.
What's In it for You
Our purpose is to lead the way to tomorrow's energy network. Make a difference and impact millions of people who depend on electricity in their everyday lives.
- You get to work on interesting and challenging assignments that will help grow your skill set.
- You will work in an extremely collaborative environment inside our LEED certified Folsom, California campus.
- You will be challenged, be a part of a winning team, and your contributions will be rewarded and recognized.
What You Will Be Doing
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves market transaction data corrections.
- Ensures assignments and deliverables are completed accurately, timely.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams for more complex disputes with awareness of up-stream and down-stream impacts.
- Communicates to customers as needed to explain dispute determination.
- Participates in the validation of settlement corrections after dispute resolution.
- Manages processes in compliance with Tariff and Business Practice Manuals.
- Identifies and may implement process improvements that gain organizational and cost efficiencies.
- Performs data corrections as needed to resolve disputes within defined timelines.
- Notifies appropriate parties of data and software issues encountered.
- Opens software defects for issues identified as a result of dispute analysis and data corrections.
- Articulates issues to cross functional teams for issues requiring legal or policy direction.
- Works with other team members to find resolution on complex issues.
- Supports user-acceptance testing for upcoming initiatives, ensuring working knowledge of policy, system and data changes to enable dispute investigation and resolution.
- Represents the business unit at inter-departmental meetings and supports the resolution of issues.
- Produces reports to ensure that all dashboards (Dispute and Defect) are updated and reflect current status.
- Updates customer inquiry tickets appropriately to support reports provided to Management.
Level of Education and Discipline
- A Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent education, training or experience in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field
Amount of Experience
- Equivalent years of education and training, plus two (2) or more year related experience.
Type of Experience
- Experience with data analysis or transactional applications required.
- Information Systems Quality Assurance/Quality Control and SQL database experience desired.
- Experience in energy industry is required. Understanding of the bid to bill process is required
Additional skills and abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills required, with a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to use deductive reasoning and analytical thinking with sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are also essential.
- Must be self-starting and willing and able to work independently in a dynamic corporate organization under pressure of tight deadlines and aggressive expectations.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to influence others without direct authority.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as facilitator and team member.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.