Customer Onboarding Specialist and Trainer
- 250 Outcropping Way, Folsom, CA 95630, USA
The California Independent System Operator (ISO) manages the flow of electricity across the high-voltage, long-distance power lines that make up 80 percent of California's power grid. We safeguard the economy and well-being of 30 million Californians by "keeping the lights on" 24/7.
As the impartial grid operator, the California ISO opens access to the wholesale power market that is designed to diversify resources and lower prices. It also grants equal access to 25,865 circuit-miles of power lines and reduces barriers to diverse resources competing to bring power to customers.
The California ISO's function is often compared to that of air traffic controllers. It would be grossly unfair for air traffic controllers to represent one airline and profit from allowing that company's planes to go through before others. In the same way, the California ISO operates independently—managing the electron traffic on a power grid we do not own—making sure electricity is safely delivered to utilities and consumers on time and reliably.
Under the general direction of the Manager, responsible for onboarding customers and ensuring customer preparedness for participation in the California ISO markets and readiness for ongoing change initiatives. Facilitates business process changes that enhance customer onboarding and readiness activities and provides input on process improvements. Responsibilities include change initiative impact assessments, process documentation and improvement, Business Practice Manual (BPM) changes, user acceptance criteria and testing, and training development and delivery.
What's In it for You
Our purpose is to lead the way to tomorrow's energy network. Make a difference and impact millions of people who depend on electricity in their everyday lives.
- You get to work on interesting and challenging assignments that will help grow your skill set.
- You will work in an extremely collaborative environment inside our LEED certified Folsom, California campus.
- You will be challenged, be a part of a winning team, and your contributions will be rewarded and recognized.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for customer certification and registration processes and implementing process improvement to automate and streamline onboarding activities.
- Acts as the BPM change manager and ensures BPM coordinators comply with tariff requirements.
- Tracks, maintains, reviews and approves activities related to Proposed Revision Requests (PRRs) and provides status communications as appropriate.
- Acts as the liaison for change initiatives that impact customers, including PMO related projects, or business process changes impacting BPMs.
- Performs related impact assessments for customers on process, systems, and the ISO’s ability to meet compliance requirements.
- Provides input on user requirements, user-interface design, user-acceptance testing, training development and customer readiness.
- Assists with development and delivery of training to customers based on process, change initiatives and project assignments.
- Follows the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) methodology and ensures compliance with the ADDIE process.
- Participates in process improvement activities to improve department and cross functional processes.
Level of Education and Discipline
- A Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent education, training or experience in Business, Political Science, Organizational Development, Instructional Design or related field.
Amount of Experience
- Equivalent years of education and training, plus two (2) or more years related experience.
Type of Experience
- Customer service, business process analysis and/or procedure development experience.
- Instructional design and delivery, familiarity with computer based training development and knowledge of ISO processes and systems and/or electric industry helpful.
Additional skills and abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills required, with a demonstrated attention to detail and process improvement.
- Ability to use deductive reasoning and analytical thinking with sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are also essential.
- Must be self-starting and willing and able to work independently in a dynamic corporate organization under pressure of tight deadlines and aggressive expectations.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to influence others without direct authority.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as facilitator and team member.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.