Sr Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- 250 Outcropping Way, Folsom, CA 95630, USA
The California Independent System Operator (ISO) manages the flow of electricity across the high-voltage, long-distance power lines that make up 80 percent of California's power grid. We safeguard the economy and well-being of 30 million Californians by "keeping the lights on" 24/7.
As the impartial grid operator, the California ISO opens access to the wholesale power market that is designed to diversify resources and lower prices. It also grants equal access to 25,865 circuit-miles of power lines and reduces barriers to diverse resources competing to bring power to customers.
The California ISO's function is often compared to that of air traffic controllers. It would be grossly unfair for air traffic controllers to represent one airline and profit from allowing that company's planes to go through before others. In the same way, the California ISO operates independently—managing the electron traffic on a power grid we do not own—making sure electricity is safely delivered to utilities and consumers on time and reliably.
Under the general direction of the Manager, applies test methodology, engineering and product knowledge in the design of both manual and automated tests and testing strategies for the analysis and qualification of products. Provides technical and process oriented expertise in the interpretation and application of CMMI aligned Quality Assurance and Quality Control standards and policies for the ISO organization. Creates detailed test plans and automated test scripts based on analysis of requirements and design documentation to ensure quality standards of ISO’s production software systems are met.
What's In it for You
Our purpose is to lead the way to tomorrow's energy network. Make a difference and impact millions of people who depend on electricity in their everyday lives.
- You get to work on interesting and challenging assignments that will help grow your skill set.
- You will work in an extremely collaborative environment inside our LEED certified Folsom, California campus.
- You will be challenged, be a part of a winning team, and your contributions will be rewarded and recognized.
What You Will Be Doing
- Designs and prioritizes test plans, test cases and estimates time to complete test activities.
- Analyze functional and operational requirements / use cases for completeness, accuracy and testability.
- Leads interdepartmental teams in the execution of test activities for all test phases as required.
- Creates detailed test plans and test scripts based on analysis of requirements and design documentation to ensure quality production software systems.
- Responsible for execution and coordination of; white/grey/black box testing, integration testing, functional testing, system testing, UI testing, user acceptance testing and performance testing (manual and automated where applicable).
- Designs and directs the preparation of test data; prepares test data, documents detailed results, provides regular and ad-hoc test reports.
- Prioritizes and manages testing tasks and teams concurrently across multiple projects.
- Verifies that all test cases assigned to testing resources are executed; verifies that all test plans are updated and documented as required by Enterprise Test Methodology and supporting procedures.
- Consults with user groups, developers, technical staff and ISO Management to define the organizations testing requirements.
- Responsible for identifying, tracking and resolving issues as they arise.
- Analyzes system performance and recommends enhancements for test tools and test environment configuration; develops specifications documentation.
- Trains system users in learning the test environments, processes and tools.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and technical resource to other testers.
Level of Education and Discipline
A Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent education, training or experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
Amount of Experience
- Equivalent years of education and training, plus five (5) or more years related experience.
- MCSE, WinRunner, LoadRunner, MQC, QTP, CSQE and CSQA a plus.
Type of Experience
- Strong background within an IT operations environment with an emphasis in quality assurance and quality control functions.
- Familiarity with IT best practice frameworks (CMMI, ITIL, SDLC), IT Service Management (Change, Configuration, Problem Management), or process management concepts (BPM, ISO9000, TQM).
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively document and convey technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Self-motivated, problem solving skills and the ability to influence others without direct authority.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as a facilitator and team member.
- Must be able to handle a dynamic and changing work environment, and work well independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.