Software Engineering Intern
- Bridgeport, CT, USA
At Cahoot, we are a team of rebels rewriting the rules of fulfillment. Who dream of a better solution to surviving and thriving in the new retail world of ecommerce. We are working tirelessly to imagine and build a new future of order fulfillment like the world has never seen before, and so are our network members. They see things differently, like we do. They are the true innovators and the change agents who are pushing ecommerce forward.
We came up with a solution no one imagined before, a peer-to-peer network of merchants working together to fulfill each other’s orders! Our revolutionary order fulfillment and shipping optimization cuts down the distance packages need to travel, enabling merchants to choose ground shipping while delivering orders faster. Ground shipping produces 85% less CO2 emissions and costs up to 50% less compared to air cargo, it’s a win-win for the planet and you whenever we optimize your order!
As Cahoot's business continues to experience rapid growth, we are in need of rock-star full stack engineers to help us build secure, scalable, and reliable products. You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our software and infrastructure that helps merchants optimize their fulfillment. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available and reliable services, while also working with product teams to enable Cahoot to rapidly build new capabilities for our merchants.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will contribute to the development and deployment of Cahoot’s Internet based application by personally implementing complex, specialized or highly technical components of the system.
- You will participate in formal QA methodologies and efficient release engineering processes in an Agile or XP environment.
- Software experience in Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio, VS.NET, Site Server and IIS in Microsoft Windows environment
- Exposure to developing web-services and implementing a service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience within the Microsoft web environment. (NUnit, FxCop, and Nant are a plus.)
- Any exposure to industry-standard software development methodologies, e.g. use of case-driven and test-driven iterative software development methodologies (Scrum, XP)
- Any exposure to debugging, code-reviewing, code-refactoring and performance tuning.
- Any exposure to version control, issue tracking, and build/release management.
- Any exposure to rapid development cycles.
- GPA > 3.5 and 3+ years of professional software development experience a MUST
- Knowledge of scripting tools (Python) is a plus
- You should be confident with application development and execution environment as well as familiar with a structured development methodology and process.
- The ability to set and achieve goals in a complex and fast-moving environment, great interpersonal skills and a high energy level are a must.
We are easily accessible by public transportation and conveniently located within a 5-minute walk from the Bridgeport Metro-North train station.
We have a demanding hiring process that includes skill assessments, a practical assignment, a background check and in-person interview to help ensure that the company culture is a good fit for any new team members.
Fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
A snack filled kitchen and fridge + free lunch Fridays + monthly company happy hours + quarterly company family outings!
Fun, energetic and highly driven colleagues.
Only direct applicants need apply. No recruiters please.