MBA Communications Strategy Intern
- 855 Main St, Bridgeport, CT 06604, USA
Our vision is to make ecommerce 100x more efficient. This means faster delivery to customers, a more efficient supply chain network, lower cost of operations for merchants and fewer carbon emissions for a greener planet. Visit https://moet.io to watch our 2-min video.
Online customers now expect FREE and FAST shipping. But the reality for retailers is, shipping is not free. It is the second biggest drain on their profits after inventory. From the creators of Pulse Commerce, Cahoot is on a mission to help online retailers improve their profit margin and competitiveness without compromising their customer commitments. We are now in private beta of a disruptive B2B network backed by 10 U.S. patents to enable retailers to better compete in today’s world of ‘free and fast’ shipping. Ready to put a ding in the universe? Come join us in our journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar ecommerce market in ways never imagined before!
Cahoot’s Product Marketing team is looking for a future communications strategist to turbo-charge our social media strategies & content marketing efforts. You're a strong writer and editor and you're comfortable in many mediums, from white papers to blog posts and tweets. You can consider and synthesize many inputs to create a shippable product quickly. You will learn from the team and the team will learn from you. We are an open and transparent group of passionate marketers and technologists who crave success. You will also work closely with the Sales, Product Management and Marketing teams. You will gain real-world experience in positioning, messaging, and strategizing how we go to market.
As part of the core team, you will:
- Create, edit and manage content including press releases, blog posts, newsletters, presentation decks, website copy and other product marketing content.
- Implement social media strategy while managing and monitoring social channels.
- Maintain an editorial calendar and manage to business priorities (i.e. product launches), work with the creative team to populate, review and finalize content.
- Help build online community for Cahoot and facilitate relationships through an effective online presence.
- Understand SEO, keywords, social signals, engagement, retention, user growth.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and deliver results in a fast-paced startup environment
- You consider yourself an aspiring marketing and/or technology strategist
- You once ran a lemonade stand with aspirations to compete against Jamba Juice
- You have good taste, and you're a quick study. You can hear an idea or look at an artifact and quickly make recommendations on how to improve it.
- You wonder why certain Instagram profiles garner more followers than others
- You obsess about using correct grammar when you text message because, well, it’s just “your thing”
- Competition gives you an adrenaline rush
- A minimum of 3 years of direct experience in content or social media marketing. Knowledge of ecommerce and/or logistics and supply chain a plus
- Currently enrolled in an MBA with a concentration in marketing, communications, advertising or related field
- Must have good understanding of social media and website publishing tools (such as Wordpress, Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.)
We are easily accessible by public transportation and conveniently located within a 5-minute walk from the Bridgeport Metro-North train station.
We have a demanding hiring process that includes skill assessments, a practical assignment, a background check and in-person interview to help ensure that the company culture is a good fit for any new team members.
Only direct applicants need apply. No recruiters please.