Sr. Operations Research Analyst
- 855 Main Street, Suite 400, Bridgeport, CT, United States
The world has changed. More store closings were announced in 2018 than any other year on record. JC Penney, Sears and Toys ‘R’ Us, once household names, are either bankrupt or facing existential crisis. Amazon has disrupted retail. Online customers now expect FREE and FAST shipping as a result of the Amazon Prime Effect. According to the Wall Street Journal “Alongside life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, you can now add another inalienable right: two-day shipping on practically everything.” But the reality for retailers is, shipping is NOT free. It is the second biggest drain on their profits after inventory leading to record-low margins. The Cahoot team is on a mission to help online retailers improve their profit margin and competitiveness by re-writing the rules of conventional supply chain and fulfillment. This means faster delivery to customers, a more efficient supply chain network, lower cost of operations for merchants and less carbon emission for a greener planet. Our solution uses Co-opetition as the underlying business strategy to solve a problem that even the largest retailers like Walmart, Target and eBay are struggling with.
Cahoot is seeking a Senior Operations Research Analyst with strong numerical optimization and analysis skills and practical modeling experience to disrupt traditional logistics and drive the future of our new patented (10 US Patents Awarded) application. The qualified candidate will have proven experience implementing numerical optimization methods designed for complex combinatorial optimization and vehicle routing.
You'll design, test and develop the algorithms and software architecture of our next generation order fulfillment optimization and routing engine. You'll select, validate, prototype, test and then implement complex algorithms designed for high performance. You will work closely with business stakeholders, and software engineers to implement and radically improve the accuracy and performance of our software so it can serve tens of thousands of merchants in a large-scale B2B network.
Ready to put a ding in the universe? Come join us on our journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar e-commerce market in ways never imagined before!
- An advanced degree (M.S., PhD preferred) in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience designing and implementing optimization models for discrete optimization problems (e.g., multidimensional assignment, vehicle routing, graph theory, facility location) and experience with leveraging such models to provide guidance for strategic and tactical business decision making.
- Experience with Linear and Mixed Integer Programming (MIP) numerical programming techniques to leverage commercial algorithms and adapt them as required
- A working knowledge of smooth and non-smooth optimization methods accompanied by associated expertise in the use of tools and technology (e.g. CPLEX, Gurobi, XPRESS).
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and business people.
- Hands-on familiarity with SQL and experience with very large-scale data. The ability to manipulate data by writing scripts (Perl, Ruby, Groovy) a plus.
- Statistical analysis, machine learning and data-modeling in a database environment a plus.
- Experience writing supply chain and inventory optimization models and applying optimization models for strategic and tactical business decisions a big plus.
We are easily accessible by public transportation and conveniently located within a 5-minute walk from the Bridgeport Metro-North train station.
Fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
A snack filled kitchen and fridge + free lunch Fridays + monthly company happy hours + quarterly company family outings!
Fun, energetic and highly driven colleagues.
We have a demanding hiring process that includes skill assessments, a background check and in-person interview to help ensure that the company culture is a good fit for any new team members.
Only direct applicants need apply. No recruiters please.