MBA Business Analytics Intern
- 855 Main St, Bridgeport, CT 06604, USA
The world has changed. More store closings were announced in 2018 than any other year on record. JC Penney, Sears and Toys ‘R’ Us, once household names, are either bankrupt or facing existential crisis. Amazon has disrupted retail. Online customers now expect FREE and FAST shipping as a result of the Amazon Prime Effect. According to the Wall Street Journal “Alongside life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, you can now add another inalienable right: two-day shipping on practically everything.” But the reality for retailers is, shipping is NOT free. It is the second biggest drain on their profits after inventory leading to record-low margins.
The Cahoot team is on a mission to help online retailers improve their profit margin and competitiveness by re-writing the rules of conventional supply chain and fulfillment. This means faster delivery to customers, a more efficient supply chain network, lower cost of operations for merchants and less carbon emission for a greener planet. Our solution uses Co-opetition as the underlying business strategy to solve a problem that even the largest retailers like Walmart, Target and eBay are struggling with.Ready to put a ding in the universe? Come join us in our journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar ecommerce market in ways never imagined before!
We are looking for a highly talented, passionate and analytical MBA student to support our strategy team. This position will report directly to the head of Business Operations and Business Development, with oversight from the CEO. This individual will be responsible for tackling the highest priority strategic questions for our organization, supporting the core BizOps team in strategic initiatives and operational insights across all of Cahoot. A successful intern will demonstrate initiative, creativity, analytical skills and excellent problem-solving abilities.
Example responsibilities include:
- Work directly with the product management team to help guide our latest offereing's short and long-term growth and monetization strategy
- Define, develop and execute highly visible projects such as entering new markets, playing an active role in bringing the new product to market, and analyzing and optimizing the performance of current product offerings
- Work with operations team to lead analytics/tracking of internal processes to streamline business operations
- Help develop and refine metrics and KPI’s to help Cahoot achieve its strategic business objectives
- Analyze performance of existing Product, Marketing and Business Development campaigns in order to improve performance and identify new high-value opportunities
- Proven expertise with Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Domo, Looker) a must
- Student must be currently enrolled in a leading MBA program
- Demonstrated experience using methods such as Logistic Regression, Linear regression, clustering, classification. decision tree etc.
- Experience in Predictive Modelling.
- 2-4 years in strategy/management consulting, investment banking, or BizOps/SalesOps experience at a leading technology company preferred with a demonstrated track record of driving results
- Experience working in SaaS technology companies serving SMBs a plus
- Strong analytical skills (e.g., Excel, SQL), with proven ability to analyze data and create compelling reports and presentations
- Experience working with field staff (sales and account management) highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal relations and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and able to work autonomously when necessary; however, also being able to work collaboratively in a team is critical
- Superb execution and follow-through with strong organizational skills. Detail-oriented and efficient at multi-tasking
- Passion for innovation valued
We are easily accessible by public transportation and conveniently located within a 5-minute walk from the Bridgeport Metro-North train station.
Fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
A snack filled kitchen and fridge + free lunch Fridays + monthly company happy hours + quarterly company family outings!
Fun, energetic and highly driven colleagues.
We have a demanding hiring process that includes skill assessments, a practical assignment, a background check and in-person interview to help ensure that the company culture is a good fit for any new team members.
Only direct applicants need apply. No recruiters please.