UX / Graphic Design Intern
- 855 Main St, Bridgeport, CT 06604, USA
Our vision is to make ecommerce 100x more efficient. This means faster delivery to customers, a more efficient supply chain network, lower cost of operations for merchants and fewer carbon emissions for a greener planet. Visit www.cahoot.ai to watch our 2-min video.
Online customers now expect FREE and FAST shipping. But the reality for retailers is, shipping is not free. It is the second biggest drain on their profits after inventory. From the creators of Pulse Commerce, Cahoot is on a mission to help online retailers improve their profit margin and competitiveness without compromising their customer commitments. We have recently launched a disruptive B2B network backed by 10 U.S. patents to enable retailers to better compete in today’s world of ‘free and fast’ shipping. Ready to put a ding in the universe? Come join us in our journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar ecommerce market in ways never imagined before!
As a UX / Graphic Design intern, you will be responsible for supporting the company’s marketing strategy through design and brand consistency, responsibility of creating content for use on our website, social media, emails, and more. You will also get to conceptualize and define interaction models, wireframes, and mockups for our innovative solution and work with a front end developer to implement. Key to success in this role is the ability to quickly and creatively respond to a given prompt, articulate and visualize a range of possibilities, and evaluate and present their relative strengths and weaknesses to the team. As part of the marketing team, you will work to transform the company’s aspirations into viable forward-thinking solutions. The position requires strong design chops, graphic communication skills, and an interest in our cause at its deepest level. Particularly important to the role is the ability to be self-driven.
- Graphic design for campaign projects
- Campaign landing page design and development
- Design support for Social Media Performance Program
- Extract, evaluate and define key objectives during marketing team engagements
- Create and organize information through the use of wireframes, storyboards, user-flows and prototypes
- Assist in creating original graphics/illustrations, layouts and creative interactive engagements
- Prepare and pitch all aspects of design to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Assist in designing and developing user interface kits
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets
- Gather and evaluate project requirements in collaboration with business and technical team members on short timelines.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Visual Design, Industrial Design, Communications, or Computer Science or possesses an equal alternative form of education
- A solid creative portfolio or collection of work examples demonstrating strong competency in UX / Graphic Design.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Dreamweaver)
- Strong core design fundamentals (Form/Space, Color, Typography and layout)
- Experience with design and development of user interface kits
- Experience designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets
- Strong design thinking and empathizing with end-user, defining problems and strategizing meaningful user engagements
- Excellent project management skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow up (commitment to deadlines, processes and policies)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including professional presentation skills.
Who You Are
- Passionate about best in class design, user experience, and project execution
- A team collaborator, clear communicator, prudent risk-assessor, and effective motivator
- Habitually thinking outside the box and exploring new ways to execute projects
- Committed to continuous improvement and optimizing productivity
We are easily accessible by public transportation and conveniently located within a 5-minute walk from the Bridgeport Metro-North train station.
We have a demanding hiring process that includes skill assessments, a practical assignment, a background check and in-person interview to help ensure that the company culture is a good fit for any new team members.
Only direct applicants need apply. No recruiters please.