Digital Marketing Specialist
- Bridgeport, CT
The world has changed. More store closings were announced in 2018 than any other year on record. JC Penney, Sears and Toys ‘R’ Us, once household names, are either bankrupt or facing existential crisis. Amazon has disrupted retail. Online customers now expect FREE and FAST shipping as a result of the Amazon Prime Effect. According to the Wall Street Journal “Alongside life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, you can now add another inalienable right: two-day shipping on practically everything.” But the reality for retailers is, shipping is NOT free. It is the second biggest drain on their profits after inventory leading to record-low margins.
The Cahoot team is on a mission to help online retailers improve their profit margin and competitiveness by re-writing the rules of conventional supply chain and fulfillment. This means faster delivery to customers, a more efficient supply chain network, lower cost of operations for merchants and less carbon emission for a greener planet. Our solution uses Co-opetition as the underlying business strategy to solve a problem that even the largest retailers like Walmart, Target and eBay are struggling with.
Ready to put a ding in the universe? Come join us in our journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar ecommerce market in ways never imagined before!
This position requires an energetic, motivated and mission-driven marketing communications professional ready to hit the ground running. The right candidate will be an excellent, adaptable content creator with the ability to execute and analyze a variety of marketing and communications initiatives.
You'll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits are crucial. Hands on experience with marketing and business intelligence tools for better planning, decision making and efficient reporting are a plus.
- Research and define scope of work for Digital Marketing campaigns
- Actively participate in idea generation
- Responsible for setting up and managing Digital Marketing Campaigns(e.g. Marketing automation in SalesForce and Marketo)
- Work directly with marketing systems to manage end-to-end life cycles of campaigns
- Assist with reporting and analysis on campaigns, departmental objectives, etc. as needed.
- Edit, deploy and regularly evaluate recurring email campaigns and workflows.
- Assist with execution and management of on-going SEO/SEM activity as set by supervisor
- Work with other Digital team members on broader digital projects. (E.G website development, social media campaigns, Webinars, etc.)
- Execute changes and manage content on the website as set by supervisor
- Design and deploy weekly email newsletter.
- Oversee social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest) including creating the social media calendar, developing/sharing the content and monitoring online conversations.
- Ensure marketing database is synced with customer database.
- Assist with design and creation of marketing materials to promote the company including brochures, graphics, pamphlets and ads as needed.
- Prepare for Tradeshows and other outside marketing events.
- Perform cross-departmental tasks as needed: business development, customer phone calls, assign leads and campaigns to sales team, etc.
- Research and propose awards opportunities and complete applications as needed.
- Police brand identity standards.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- 3-5 year(s) of experience in marketing, communications, blogging or social media management
- BS (Marketing, Digital Commerce)
- Marketing Automation (Marketo or similar) and CRM (Salesforce preferred) experience highly desirable.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with SEO and SEM Strong written, verbal and collaboration skills
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in digital marketing activities (SEM/SEO, Display, Lead Gen, Email)
- Experience in managing B2B marketing activities from lead gen to conversion
- Understanding of marketing methodology (Marketo and Salesforce a big plus)
- Strong organization skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to drop everything and switch gears as priorities shift
- Interest in technology and all things internet
- Friendly demeanor and strong customer interaction skills
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Wordpress with a good eye for aesthetics
- Superior writing, spelling and proofreading skills (even in an open and sometimes noisy environment)
Fast paced environment with competing priorities.
Ability to learn and be exposed to all facets of the software development and e-commerce industries
A snack filled kitchen and fridge + free lunch Fridays + monthly company happy hours + quarterly company family outings!
Fun, energetic and highly driven colleagues.
We have a demanding hiring process that includes multiple personality and skill assessments, a background/credit check and more than one in person interview in order to help ensure that the company culture is a good fit for any new team members.
Only direct applicants need apply. No recruiters please.