Sr Engineer - Tooling
- Savannah, GA, USA
We develop and manufacture high performance, engineered products and solutions for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, commercial transportation and oil and gas markets.
Under limited direction, has technical ownership of tooling used to manufacture products for various customers while supporting Arconic to achieve established processing and financial targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Develop, modify, improve, and troubleshoot the processes associated with the design and fabrication of tooling by supporting closed-die forging operations.
- Track performance of tooling for specific products and materials as a function of conditions to use.
- Tracks wear of tooling to proactively maintain inventory and manage costs.
- Supports operations with technical guidance associated with inspection and repair of tooling.
- Develop, oversee and control budgets associated with the fabrication of tooling.
- Initiate and control cost reduction projects to achieve targets established by the business unit.
- Use 3D drafting software to design tooling and communicate plans.
- Release hardware for production utilizing processes that are designed to meet or exceed technical requirements as specified on purchase orders, blueprints, specifications or other related documents.
- Review of new and revised technical (material, process, quality) specifications as necessary.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in forge tool design
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years of AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience.
- Experience in the Aerospace industry.
- Experience in forging titanium and/or nickel based superalloys
- Prior experience in project management