- Houston, TX
Performs engineering work with a focus on transmission line design including both civil and electrical practices. Requires knowledge of transmission systems from 34.5kV to 500kV with familiarity with basic principles related to line design and practices related to this specialization. Successful candidates may be placed in job titles ranging from Design Engineer I and Design Engineer II, Engineer, and Project Engineer based upon experience and knowledge in the field.
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
Generate cost effective designs for high voltage electrical transmission lines
Represent the Engineering department and participate in inter-department meetings
Attend meetings with customers as needed to support the Sales department and the engineers
Monitor team progress and activities to ensure projects remain on schedule, within budget and exceed customer expectations
Able to perform transmission line engineering work independently.
Balance innovation and standardization of work processes
Project Engineer or Senior Project Engineer level individuals will ensure that projects meet quality and schedule objectives
Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by assignments
Other duties as required
- Experience in preparing cost effective designs in an EPC environment
- Knowledge and understanding of transmission engineering, including routing issues, conductor selection, structure determination, plan and profile development, material takeoffs, etc
- Knowledge and understanding of structure and foundation design
- Knowledge of common engineering application software, particularly such tools as PLS-CADD
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ASCE, ACI and ANSI that apply to transmission design
- Extensive knowledge of design documents and drawings necessary to complete a project
Effective oral and written communication skills
Our client provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. The company provides life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and an employee assistance plan at no cost to the employee. Benefit offerings also include a choice of traditional PPO or HDHP, with corresponding FSA or HSA, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, 401K with immediate vesting and more.
Must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent green card holder.