Federal Tax Senior Manager
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Our client is a public accounting, consulting, and technology firm with offices across the globe. Connecting deep industry and specialized knowledge with innovative technology, our dedicated professionals create value for our clients with integrity and objectivity. Recognized by Many Organizations as a Best Place to Work. Ranked in the top of 10 of Accounting Today's 2016 Top 100 Firms list, based on net revenue.
- This role requires the oversight of multiple client service teams and the proven ability to plan, direct, execute and complete tax projects and compliance efforts across a variety of industries.
- Will economically and efficiently manage projects including billing and accounts receivable responsibilities.
- Conduct review of federal and state income tax returns for corporate, S corp., partnership and individual clients.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Provide innovative tax planning strategies and compliance expertise to clients; perform research and prepare/review technical tax memorandum.
- Understand and manage firm risk on tax services performed
- A senior manager is a critical member of the local tax office team, providing thought leadership to the partner group while actively developing and mentoring staff and managers.
- Manage, develop, and mentor staff/managers on projects and assess performance through formal periodic reviews and informal feedback.
- Work closely with partners, managers and staff to integrate efficient standard operating procedures and practice development skills using a team approach to client service.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- At least 8+ years experience in public accounting; strong preference for Big 4 or large regional firm experience.
- Advanced technical and tax accounting skills in the areas of: corporate, partnership, and individual taxation with a consulting mindset
- Proven leadership skills in managing client service teams and multiple projects in a fast-paced and interactive team environment to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Ability to mentor and develop tax staff and managers
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Ability to identify value-added opportunities and work in a team environment to develop business
- Personal drive to develop self/others and provide leadership insight to the local tax team
- CPA required
- MST is a plus
Miami or Ft Lauderdale, Florida
NO VISA SPONSORSHIP / NO H1B