Federal Tax Manager
- Miami, FL
Our client is a public accounting, consulting, and technology firm with offices across the globe. Connecting deep industry and specialized knowledge with innovative technology, our dedicated professionals create value for our clients with integrity and objectivity. Recognized by Many Organizations as a Best Place to Work. Ranked in the top of 10 of Accounting Today's 2016 Top 100 Firms list, based on net revenue.
As a Federal Tax Manager involved in both compliance and consulting on large projects, strong technical skills are vital to this role. Tax consulting includes performing tax research and working with clients on tax matters as well as planning and implementing special projects. The Tax Manager is responsible for the compliance function on clients including supervising the preparation and technical review of corporate, partnership and personal income tax returns. The tax practice is growing tremendously and we look internally when choosing our future leaders. We consider this role as an excellent step toward Partner.
- Your role will include identifying and implementing tax planning and consulting opportunities, preparation and review of client tax calculations, management of client tax relationships and supervising and developing staff. Must have the ability to manage client relationships, multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Manage, direct and monitor multiple client engagements as well as serve as a business advisor to the client.
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
· BS in Accounting required, Masters in Taxation or LLM is a plus
· CPA required
· Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in public accounting or corporate/public blend
· Consolidated C-Corp, ASC 740, Partnership, S-Corp, Individual and/or multi-state experience
· Proven engagement and staff management skills
· Ability to manage and grow strong client relationships
· Possess effective writing, communication and tax research skills
· Experience with tax technology a plus
Miami or Ft Lauderdale, Florida
NO VISA SPONSORSHIP / NO H1B