- Minneapolis, MN
Company is an American global food processing and commodities trading corporation, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois.
Seeking Accountant to play a vital role in the general accounting service group. The group completes the monthly close process, calculates and records journal entries, reconciles accounts, and analyzes monthly costs and results. The Accountant will have significant opportunities to identify and work on both business and accounting-related projects. This role offers the opportunity to work within a strong team environment and support colleagues in the commercial and operations areas.
· Complete monthly accounting work per US GAAP guidelines and perform relevant analysis.
· Complete annual review/revision of Key Financial Controls (SOX requirements) and process flows; work to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls.
· Support Finance team like FP&A Group with results analysis, fluctuations, trends, and outlook/planning.
· Cost analysis, inventory costing, and inventory reconciliation.
· Standardize general accounting policies and processes (design and implementation).
· Assist finance team with FVM, risk management, internal controls, and SOX.
· Understand and apply relevant key financial controls and policies.
· Assist with plant yield, inventory reconciliations for various raw materials, finished goods, packaging, ingredients, third party warehouses, and product cost analysis.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, general accounting experience preferred.
· Strong analytical abilities, initiative, and problem solving skills.
· Strong communication skills to interact with all levels at the company.
· Self-motivated and able to make independent decisions, also to contribute in a team environment.
· Ability to travel as needed.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and JDE or large ERP systems a plus.
· Experience in continuous improvement methodologies, i.e. Lean, root cause analysis, and process flow mapping a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.