Manager of Coding
- Hamilton Township, NJ
Our client is an award-winning healthcare facility in the Central NJ area representing many medical specialties – all sharing a common commitment to excellence. When you join our client, Hamilton, you will be working with dedicated professionals, caring co-workers, the most advanced technology and a culture of empowerment.
Position Summary: The Coding Manager will be responsible for managing Inpatient / Outpatient Coding Staff. The Coding Manager will execute end-to-end process activities including daily interactions with healthcare providers, medical record reviews, document processing, and data verification's. The Coding Manager will respond to healthcare providers and internal/external customer's calls and requests within team-defined parameters. Reports to the Health Information Management Director and/or designee.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be currently credentialed as a CCS. RHIT or RHIA optional.
- Minimum of two (2) years Inpatient Hospital coding experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of Management or Supervisory experience in an HIM setting preferred.
- Working Knowledge of DRG's, APC's , CPT's and ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes, CC's, MCC's (complications and co-morbidities) which may affect DRG assignment used for reimbursement.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Professionally skilled in verbal and written communications.
- Handles difficult situations directly, using appropriate discretion and respect for the individual.
- Meticulously organized in approach to medical record reviews
- Ability to manage and meet contract deadlines.
- Able to work a staggered or non-standard work schedule in order to meet contract deadlines.
- Computer literate.
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Highly dependable and willing to work/do whatever is needed to complete the task within contract time frames.
- Articulate, motivated, thorough and creative.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret medical records, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Must be able to type proficiently and possess the ability to navigate various CMS-approved databases.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and multi-task.
- Must have experience in medical record and case reviews.
2+ to 5 years experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never