Radio Frequency & Ground Station Engineer
- Berliner Allee 65, 64295 Darmstadt, Germany
- Department: System Engineering
With 2.100 employees worldwide, the CS Group is a leading IT company in France and in Germany, and a prime contractor in designing, integrating and operating mission critical systems. It has now been over 30 years that comprehensive CS Group solutions for space systems and applications, both on the ground and in space, have been part and parcel of this odyssey.
Our German activities are growing at a fast pace and to face our customers' high level expectations and needs, we are looking for talented profiles with relevant experience in Space systems and applications.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of foreseen tasks and responsibilities:
- RF-Compatibility Tests & IOT activities
- Maintenance of Interface Requirements Documents / Interface Control Documents for these RFSCs and IOT test tools
- Lead and coordination of maintenance of RFSCs & RF IOT tools and review relevant technical documents. Ensure that all relevant RF test equipment remains calibrated over the foreseen testing duration
- University degree (or equivalent) in an engineering or scientific discipline relevant to the job profile (e.g. telecommunications, electronics, radio frequency or equivalent.)
- Proven experience in ground stations (TT&C and Mission Data Acquisition) in a real-time 24/7 spacecraft operations environment, ideally in an Earth Observation environment.
- RF testing of space-to-ground interfaces at satellite and/or ground station level
- RF design related to space-to-ground interfaces at satellite and/or ground station level
- Expertise in Ka-band link design or testing
- Very good strengths in analysis, synthesis and presentation skills.
- Very good interpersonal, communication and reporting skills and an ability to apply these to the interactions within a team and between teams in a multi-disciplinary context.
- Ability to learn and develop the needed skills and knowledge to contribute to the operations of the service, including the ability to rapidly absorb, and make use of, information presented in written and oral communications in a dynamic context.
- Systematic approach to work
- Ability to plan and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage complex tasks with minimum supervision.
- Capability to write accurate, concise, focused and consistent technical documentation and reports.
Additional skills (considering as an added value):
- Major upgrades or evolutions of operational ground stations
- Definition and implementation of verification and validation activities of ground stations
- Definition, verification and validation of interfaces between ground stations and ground segments
- Diagnosis and correction of first-line ground stations’ hardware and software failures,
- Preparation of requirements, design, interfaces and testing documentation
- Document management and configuration control processes
- Definition of user interfaces for operations (HMI, reports, etc.)
- Relevant technical standards (e.g. ECSS, CCSDS)
- Baseband operation and configuration
- Dataminer, Monitoring and control tool
- Space Link Extension (SLE) operation and/or configuration
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that enable a good work life balance, Career and development opportunities for our employees is important to us and we offer training for every employee as well as the chance you develop your skills on the job. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you!