Lead Process Engineer 100% (m/f/d)
CRB's nearly 1,800 expert professionals drive innovative, life-changing and life-saving solutions for manufacturers in the life sciences and food and beverage industries. Our mission, vision and core values put client satisfaction and employee experience at the center of everything we do. See us at crbgroup.com.
Our Swiss CRbers are looking for a seasoned Process Engineering to support developping further our sustainable and growing success story in the DACH region.
Would you like to shape this challenge with us further? looking forward to talk soon.
- Lead a team of process engineers and take on mentoring duties, as appropriate Contribute to recruiting, interviewing, and professional development activities,
- Directing the development of mass balances and detailed equipment lists for complex processes as well as developing process description narratives, process flow diagrams, and P&IDs.
- Working directly with facility planners to layout the process needs including space, adjacencies, and flows
- Working with the PM and other discipline leads to ensure process deliverables and all the necessary details related to the process are delivered on time, fully coordinated, and within the project budget
- Researching process equipment providers and making recommendations and selections based on client and project requirements
- Writing process equipment specifications for complex equipment and testing requirements; attending factory acceptance tests (FATs) for equipment
- Following projects after construction documents are issued and reviewing submittals, answering RFIs, and making field visits to verify progression of process scope is proceeding per the intent of the design
- Leading and taking part in field execution activities as the project moves into the execution phase, as required
- Directing activities of CAD and Designer support staff
- Representing CRB with external partners and clients and developing key relationships throughout the industry including participation in industry organizations, writing papers/articles, and speaking and presenting
- Staying abreast of the latest technologies used in our industry and being aware of the approximate costs of the various technologies that could be used to solve our clients’ design challenges
- Degree in Chemical or Bio Engineering preferred
- 8 - 15 years of experience, much of this preferably in a design firm setting
- Experience with developing process strategies/philosophies for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or industrial processes required
- Experience with FDA, EMA, and other regulatory standards and requirements required
- Experience with MS Office products especially Word, Visio and Excel required
- Ability to lead a project from a process perspective, to direct the process design effort required
- Ability to present process designs to existing and new clients required
- Advanced knowledge and application of cGMP ; Advanced knowledge and application of ASME BPE Ability to direct process design / field execution activities and lead a team of engineers
- Languages: Fluent in German (C1+), Good ability to communicate in English (B2+), French (B2+) is a strong plus
- Valid work permit for Switzerland or able to obtain a work permit
- Willingness to travel and work on project sites
CRB does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of CRB without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of CRB. Please, no phone calls or emails.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.