Senior Design Project Manager
CRB's nearly 1,800 expert professionals drive innovative, life-changing and life-saving solutions for manufacturers in the life sciences and food and beverage industries. Our mission, vision and core values put client satisfaction and employee experience at the center of everything we do. See us at crbgroup.com.
As a Senior Design Project Manager, you'll have the unique opportunity to work within an integrated Architecture, Engineering, and Construction firm capable of executing ONEsolution integrated project delivery work. Experience collaboration and continuous learning like never before amongst subject matter experts spanning across mechanical, electrical, plumbing, process, and automation engineering; architecture and lab planning; procurement, estimation, virtual design & construction, health & safety, and construction management. This diversity of professionals allows us to provide innovative & impactful solutions to the Life Sciences and Food & Bev industry in an era where speed, quality, and creativity have never been more critical.
CRB proudly specializes in industries that inherently carry important social responsibility - we recognize our impact and influence in the communities we serve and pursue corporate responsibility through the lens of people, community, and planet. From oncology and rare disorders, to COVID-19 or alternative proteins, our projects are pioneering solutions addressing important issues such as food scarcity and global health.
How will I contribute?
You will be critical to the successful delivery of small to large scale capital design projects in biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical, and other advanced technology markets. You will manage the development and implementation of design deliverables through conceptual, preliminary, detailed, and construction package stages (e.g., reports, P&IDs, distribution plans, specifications, etc.). Additionally, you will be responsible for directing and coordinating with internal architects and engineers, as well as client, subcontractor, and vendor interfaces. Project sizes will vary and will consist of both existing building renovations / retrofits and new construction.
- Generating detailed proposals in response to client RFPs including but not limited to Project Execution Plans (PEPs), Manpower Plan, Schedule, Fee Spreadsheet and Earned Value Tracking Tools.
- Proficiently and steadfastly managing project scope and scope changes.
- Proactively identifying project risk and managing/mitigating risk.
- Leading internal and external project team meetings and generating and issuing project monthly reports.
- Managing overall project deliverables in accordance with the PEP, budget, schedule, and the CRB Quality Plan.
- Managing post construction documentation deliverables and tasks such as submittal reviews, RFIs, and field visits to verify construction is executed per the intent of the design.
- Directing weekly and day-to-day activities of project technical staff and administrative staff.
- Managing client relationships and being responsible for client satisfaction.
- Staying current of the latest technologies used in the AEC industry that could be used to solve our clients’ design challenges
- Validation of new equipment and systems
- Coordinate activities between building departments/inspectors, including training for maintenance and operation personnel
- Marketing services to clients and consistently maintain client contact.
- Traveling as required for client development and project execution.
- Bachelor’s degree Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent
- Minimum of seven years of successful Project Management experience
- Excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Team-oriented individual capable of leading and managing large teams including subcontractors
- Demonstrated success in acting as a Project Manager
- Intermediate understanding of all core engineering disciplines, project execution, delivery in a design and construction.
- Minimum 8 hours of leadership/supervisory training annually
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
CRB is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Employment is contingent on background screening.
CRB does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of CRB without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of CRB. Please, no phone calls or emails.
CRB offers a complete and competitive benefit package designed to meet individual and family needs.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.