Senior Architect (Hybrid)
CRB's nearly 1,800 expert professionals drive innovative, life-changing and life-saving solutions for manufacturers in the life sciences and food and beverage industries. Our mission, vision, and core values put client satisfaction and employee experience at the center of everything we do.
As an AEC Firm we proudly specialize in industries that inherently carry important social responsibility - we recognize our impact and influence in the communities we serve and pursue corporate responsibility through the lens of people, community, and planet. From oncology and rare disorders to COVID-19 or alternative proteins, our design and construction projects are pioneering solutions addressing important issues such as food scarcity and global health.
The Senior Architect candidate will have the ability to execute and lead all project types through design, documentation and construction administration as part of a multi-disciplinary team. This position encourages creativity in problem solving to promote technical and design excellence while ensuring building code and regulatory compliance. The Lead Architect has the ability to coordinate with internal and external parties, manage multiple complex tasks, establish priorities and direct the work of others. The candidate will serve as the Architectural point of contact for clients, other disciplines, estimating and construction personnel.
How will I contribute?
You will be a key piece in the opening of CRB's newest office in Bridgewater Township, NJ. As the first Architect within the office, you will have the opportunity to shape the direction of the office and as the office grows, the opportunity to be involved in growing an architectural practice.
- Work independently on projects with ability to execute all phases of design, including programming, planning, concept development, detailed design and construction administration
- Generate complex code analyses, life safety and egress plans, floor plans, sections, elevations, details, schedules and specifications for large projects of advanced complexity with no oversight
- Develop and generate studies, presentations and reports, and present to internal or external audiences
- Research and apply International Building Code and other regulatory requirements as part of project delivery process
- Participate and contribute during drawing reviews, coordination meetings and quality checks
- Lead support for construction activities such as RFI responses, submittal reviews and construction progress reports
- Assist PM in resource planning, budget and scope definition, schedule adherence and overall quality of deliverables
- Accredited Professional Degree in Architecture (B.Arch, M.Arch, and/or D.Arch) or Canadian / International equivalent
- Architectural license in good standing within home state, plus NCARB certification
- Relevant AEC (Architectural, Engineering or Construction) firm experience
- Fifteen years professional experience
- Proficiency in Revit and Microsoft Office suite
- Extensive knowledge and application of International Building Codes, OSHA Regulations and ADA Standards
- Entrepreneurial, client focused leadership skills
- Flexibility for moderate travel in support of project-based or training activities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- History of successful, cross-discipline project coordination and execution on a variety of project types
- LEED Accreditation, WELL Certification or similar sustainability credentials
- Experience in one or more of CRB’s core markets, including R&D labs, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, food & nutrition and/or consumer products and international clients/projects.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
CRB is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Employment is contingent on background screening.
CRB does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of CRB without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of CRB. Please, no phone calls or emails.
CRB offers a complete and competitive benefit package designed to meet individual and family needs.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.