Process Engineer – Fill-Finish SME
CRB's nearly 1,800 expert professionals drive innovative, life-changing and life-saving solutions for manufacturers in the life sciences and food and beverage industries. Our mission, vision and core values put client satisfaction and employee experience at the center of everything we do. See us at crbgroup.com.
- Gathering process data and developing project requirements.
- Developing design criteria for Fill-Finish lines.
- Directing development of equipment lists for complex processes.
- Directing development of detailed process description narratives, process flow diagrams, and P&IDs.
- Working directly with facility planners to layout the process needs including space, adjacencies, and flows.
- Researching equipment providers and making recommendations and selections based on client and project requirements.
- Writing process equipment specifications for complex equipment.
- Writing testing requirements and attending factory acceptance tests (FATs) for equipment.
- Following projects after construction documents are issued and reviewing submittals, answering RFIs, and making field visits to verify progression of process scope is proceeding per the intent of the design.
- Performing HAZOP reviews and project quality reviews.
- Being a mentor and providing training to Process engineers.
- Developing and presenting continuing education topics internally.
- Representing CRB with external partners and clients and developing key relationships throughout the industry including participation in industry organizations, writing papers/articles, and speaking and presenting.
- Staying abreast of the latest technologies used in our industry and being aware of the approximate costs of the various technologies that could be used to solve our clients’ design challenges.
- Establishing CRB as a thought leader throughout the industry such that additional project opportunities become available.
- Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 15 plus years of experience required, much of this preferably in a design firm setting
- Professional Registration a plus
- Expert in developing process strategies/philosophies for Fill-Finish projects
- Expert in FDA, EMA, and other regulatory standards and requirements for Fill-Finish processes
- Advanced knowledge and application of cGMP in Fill-Finish applications required
- Proven ability to present process designs to existing and new clients required
- Proven ability to lead a project and to direct the process design effort required
- Proven ability to author articles and to present at conferences required
- Experience with MS Office products especially Word, Visio and Excel required
- Ability to direct Fill-Finish design activities and lead a team of engineers required
The pay range for a candidate selected for this position who is based in Colorado is typically $128,000 to $258,000 annually. The base salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this position. The selected candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors, including but not limited to work location, qualifications, and relevant experience. In addition, CRB offers a total rewards package that includes comprehensive insurance coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in one or more annual incentive programs based on company and individual performance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
CRB is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Employment is contingent on background screening.
CRB does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of CRB without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of CRB. Please, no phone calls or emails.
CRB offers a complete and competitive benefit package designed to meet individual and family needs.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.