Mechanical Engineer, Senior Level
CRB's nearly 1,800 expert professionals drive innovative, life-changing and life-saving solutions for manufacturers in the life sciences and food and beverage industries. Our mission, vision and core values put client satisfaction and employee experience at the center of everything we do. See us at crbgroup.com.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for overseeing the discipline and managing the discipline budget on small to medium projects of limited complexity. The Mechanical Engineer coordinates with internal and external architects and engineers, as well as client, construction manager, subcontractor, and vendor interfaces. The Mechanical Engineer possesses the demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex tasks, establish priorities and direct the work of others. The Engineer may work independently or at the direction of the Lead Engineer or Project Manager. Expected to act as the Engineer-of-Record for small projects where functioning in a Lead Mechanical Engineer role.
- Interface with client and external partners
- Plan and direct work and manage a project budget from a mechanical design perspective on small projects of limited complexity
- Support proposal development under the supervision of a lead or senior engineer
- Identify basic non-compliant existing conditions during site walks and construction field surveys
- Develop basic internal mechanical design and engineering training presentations
- Develop construction drawing packages and write construction specifications on intermediate projects of limited complexity and with little oversight
- Ability to lead squad check and discipline check for small projects of intermediate complexity and drive overall project quality
- Provide mentorship to discipline Mechanical Engineer I and/or Designer I and II
- Lead intermediate project system design programming and master planning with support from Lead or Senior Engineer
- ABET-accredited Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (alternatively, a Bachelor’s in Architectural
- Engineering with Mechanical Option)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience required, preferably in a design firm setting
- Professional Registration (Licensure)
- Proficiency AutoCAD and Revit required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Proficiency in discipline specific software required
- LEED, WELL, or other sustainable design accredited professional preferred
- Intermediate experience with performing engineering calculations, and developing and implementing HVAC, mechanical utility, and piping systems designs required
- Intermediate experience with the mechanical/plumbing/fire code, generically stated
- Intermediate experience with other applicable industry standards
- Intermediate experience with applicable building codes required
- Intermediate experience conducting and leading field surveys of existing conditions and support of field reporting
- Proficient with intermediate internal and external cross-discipline project team coordination
- Proficient with intermediate coordination with construction trade partners, vendors, and manufacturers
- Proficient at intermediate HVAC, mechanical utility, (plumbing/drainage fixture, fire protection) design calculations with limited supervision required
- Intermediate support of construction activities such as RFI responses, submittal reviews, punch list development, and construction progress reports
- Basic experience with troubleshooting issues with mechanical and systems preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
CRB is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Employment is contingent on background screening.
CRB does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of CRB without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of CRB. Please, no phone calls or emails.
CRB offers a complete and competitive benefit package designed to meet individual and family needs.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.