Senior Advisor, Corporate Security
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $500 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to reach $3 trillion by 2050. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
As a key member of the Corporate Security team, the Senior Advisor plays a critical role in supporting the security posture of CPP Investments by coordinating and supporting critical aspects of CPP Investments’ global security and life safety program and practices. The Senior Advisor, Corporate Security will be based in New York City and will report to the Manager, Corporate Security.
- Support the Corporate Security response to incidents worldwide, including acts of terrorism, civil unrest, and natural disaster or criminal attack against the firm which affects employees and/or global offices in order to limit loss and mitigate risk. Support the Crisis Management Team in the execution of business continuity plans by monitoring and supporting High Value / High Risk (HV/HR) facilities. Participate in appropriate after-action reviews post-incident, providing meaningful inputs into the process. (25%)
- Coordinate efforts relative to the CPP Investments Corporate Security Travel Risk Management Program, ensuring security activities supporting employee pre-travel, during travel and post-travel requirements are conducted. During times of exigence, work with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure potentially impacted employees are safe and accounted for. (25%)
- Plan and deliver security activities domestically and internationally. Conduct and enforce established safety and security procedures and initiate the response of additional resources as required. Corporate special events often require detailed planning and site visits in order to determine security requirements. The Senior Advisor coordinates internal and external resources to ensure a safe and secure event. The Senior Advisor also supports business continuity planning measures in the event of an incident that requires the evacuation of employees. This includes supporting the conduct of threat and risk assessments of offsite locations, travel plans or other activities and make relevant and effective recommendations, as well as safeguarding and maintaining highly sensitive and confidential information. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified according to business necessity. (25%)
- With minimal support, write concise, timely reports regarding incidents to inform key stakeholders. Deliver both verbal and written critical incident and summary reports for the dissemination of information. The accuracy and thoroughness of this reporting will be relied upon by Corporate Security to make critical decisions, and by other groups within the firm to initiate and support their response to emergencies. (15%)
- Assist with periodic review and update of governance documents relative to CPP Investments global security and safety. Audit, track and report on existing office security and safety programs and assist with the development of security procedures, guidelines and communications. Support the delivery of security training and awareness programs under the direction of the Manager, Corporate Security. (10%)
- Any other ad-hoc assignments as tasked by Manager, Corporate Security.
Education and experience
- Minimum five years of recent experience in a travel security/travel risk management or an executive protection role.
- Experience supporting traveler security programs across multiple jurisdictions and detailed knowledge of travel security principles and practices.
- Experience conducting travel risk assessments across a broad range of locations.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record is mandatory.
- Possession of valid passport and a clean criminal record and ability to travel to all jurisdictions in which CPP Investments maintains a global office.
- First Aid training, Use of Force training, and other security and incident response related qualifications are preferable. Other Industry recognized Executive Protection training is recommended.
- High degree of fluency in English required.
- Ability to deliver high quality reporting on complex issues identified in a high-tempo environment
The salary range for this position is $97,000 to $125,000.
US state/city legislation requires CPP investments to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The base salary range shown here is a reasonable expectation for the posted role and is part of a competitive total rewards package which includes comprehensive benefits, a performance-based incentive plan, a 401 (k) plan and paid time off. Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to, experience and expertise.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-JB1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Mandatory Vaccine Policy
All employees in the Toronto, New York, San Francisco, Mumbai, Sydney, Hong Kong, and Sao Paulo offices will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations to this policy will be made for medical or other protected grounds. Please contact us to discuss any accommodation needs.