Senior Engineer, Enterprise Systems
- 1 Queen Street East, Toronto, Canada
- Function: Information Technology
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $500 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to reach $3 trillion by 2050. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
You will work as a Senior Engineer in the Enterprise Systems under the Technology and Data department, responsible for building, configuring, and evolving end-to-end technology solutions that enable Finance and Accounting business groups. Projects are delivered in close collaboration with project team members and business partners using waterfall or agile methodologies.
- Design, develop and support robust, resilient, and scalable technical solutions and integrations in Python, Angular and Java. They may include server-side enterprise solutions, integrations between SaaS/COTS or custom applications, GUI, data-driven reporting solutions, or highly customized solutions developed for the specific needs of a business partner.
- Effectively unit test and perform integration testing on software components.
- Prepare and document design and program specifications.
- Drive software delivery through prototyping exercises to solicit early user feedback and discover appropriate solutions.
- Manage timelines/deliverables towards the successful delivery of projects.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application and functional support issues. Manage incident triage, escalation, and resolution of client service requests (SR).
- Learn and understand the end-to-end functional relationship of the applications and how it supports and enables the business on the day-to-day processes.
- Document and validate results with business subject matter experts and drive the creation of correct system specifications that enable development, application configuration and/or acquisition of appropriate systems to meet business requirements.
- Coordinate business subject matter experts to brainstorm and document innovative solution alternatives, and provides expert advice and guidance to business partners about opportunities and problems related to their requested functionality
- Document and maintain the system configuration and integration details
- Provide end-user support and 3rd level production support. Provide responsive assistance to business partners. Work with the business users, other IT teams to ensure the smooth execution of the day-to-day application processes and monitor month-end close activities.
- Proactively find improvement opportunities to streamline business processes, automate manual processes where appropriate.
- Provide knowledge transfer to team members and support staff through application demos, walkthroughs, and documentation.
If you possess the following, we’d like to hear from you:
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- Knowledge of software development best practices and patterns.
- 2+ years of experiences in designing, building and delivering cloud-based applications on AWS (Good to have)
- Broader knowledge in various Finance technologies is an asset:
- Oracle ERP/EPM Cloud:
- Oracle Financials
- Oracle EPBCS/PCMCS (Budgeting and Allocation platforms) and/or Hyperion Planning
- System integration methodologies (ETL, API, Orchestration).
- Other ERP/EPM applications
- Oracle ERP/EPM Cloud:
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence is an asset
- Ability to manage deadlines, multiple tasks and adapt well to changing priorities.
- Passion to expand your domain knowledge both on the job and through continued education.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and relationship management skills.
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership, and high performance.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-KE1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Mandatory Vaccine Policy
All employees in the Toronto, New York, San Francisco, Mumbai, Sydney, Hong Kong, and Sao Paulo offices will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations to this policy will be made for medical or other protected grounds. Please contact us to discuss any accommodation needs.