IT Analyst, Global Techbar
- Farrer Place 1, Sydney, Australia
- Function: Information Technology
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $500 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to reach $3 trillion by 2050. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
CPP Investments is recruiting for a full time Analyst, IT Global Techbar in the Digital Transformation group. This position provides hands-on technical support, addressing all problems ensuring delivery of consistent, quality customer service across the whole organization. This position also focuses on building, maintaining and enhancing customer relationships to help understand the needs of staff and position both team and departmental response.
CPP Investments invests in diverse set of assets across several developed and emerging markets. As such, we strive to be a world class IT Services Team for our investment professionals in all our corporate offices. Our goal is ensuring the productivity of our CPP Investments colleagues by providing best in class computing devices, applications, systems and service.
You are great at:
- Owning and managing employee technology problems/tickets from start to finish
- Managing tasks and resources relating to projects and service support tickets
- Delivering clear and concise support documentation, identifying areas of inefficiency and recommending changes
- Critical Thinking: Identifying risk and problems and recommending solutions into complex situations
- Creativity: Providing ideas and suggestions clearly and concisely
- Building Relationships: Building networks with people in your and other business areas and work together to deliver results
- Regularly reporting the ongoing status of projects and activities as assigned
- Effectively communicating, managing, and escalating of issues
- Providing End-user training (virtual and in-person where necessary) to ensure IT processes and expectations are communicated and met
- Processing of user account creation / modifications & terminations for various systems
- Building, testing, deploying and recovering of desktops and laptops and ordering of IT equipment and peripherals
- Log service requests, incidents, problems, improvements and feedback
- Highly organized to deliver on commitments with an ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of handling a challenging, real-time environment with strong and quick on-site troubleshooting capabilities, able to problem solve and leverage skills to ensure swift resolution to problems
- Increasing productivity by removing barriers/issues in the day-to-day technology that our clients use
- Contributing to the techbar service brand by suggesting ideas to improve the physical space for the techbar or how the techbar interacts with CPP Investments team members
- Striving for operational excellence
If you possess the following, we’d like to hear from you:
- Post-secondary education in Computer science / Information Technology
- Minimum 3 years of experience providing IT support in a corporate environment (preferably within finance sector)
- Customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface confidently with executive and internal customers
- Strong independent problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work individually as well as contribute in a global team environment
- Proficient with all Windows operating system software and hardware
- Strong Working Knowledge of Office 365 suite and Windows 10 environment
- Advanced troubleshooting for all types of technical service requests and issues involving personal computers, network, smartphones / tablets, AV systems, enterprise applications / systems
- Form positive working relationship with CPP Investments’ team members across the globe
- A high degree of empathy and a willingness to bring all CPP Investments’ users toward successful adoption of IT supported programs
- A person who can translate technical concepts and terms into everyday language and something simple for people to understand
- Have personal interest in technology driving to learn new technologies
- Personal behaviours are aligned to the CPP Investments’ guiding principles and IT principles
- Driven to make a positive difference within the CPP Investments’ community
- Approaches CPP Investments’ staff in a friendly manner to build solutions for end users
- Has a passion for customer service and wants to exceed expectations
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-AC1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Mandatory Vaccine Policy
All employees in the Toronto, New York, San Francisco, Mumbai, Sydney, and Sao Paulo offices will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations to this policy will be made for medical or other protected grounds. Please contact us to discuss any accommodation needs.