- 40 Portman Square, London, United Kingdom
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
The Associate plays a key role in making and managing primarily infrastructure investments on a principal basis. The Associate will work with and assist the wider team in evaluating infrastructure investment opportunities, with a focus on Europe, but also global opportunities, conducting research, developing recommendations, participating in the execution of investments and monitoring and managing investments.
Your ability to build global relationships, both internally and externally in a collaborative manner, is essential to ensure our future success.
A) Analyse Investment Opportunities:
- Research, analyse and evaluate a variety of infrastructure investment opportunities
- Build complex dynamic financial models to analyse investment opportunities (including testing assumptions and sensitivities)
- Perform due diligence on opportunities including past and projected financial performance, quality of management teams, investment merits and risks, expected returns, regulatory environment, industry dynamics and other relevant factors
- Review 3rd party due diligence reports (legal, accounting, industry strategic reviews, environmental, etc.)
- Perform valuation analysis, including DCF, precedent transactions and comparable company analysis
- Meet with company management and review past performance, strategy, outlook, regulatory and industry issues, and other relevant topics as required
- Attend and participate in Infrastructure investment recommendation meetings
- Assist in presenting investment recommendations to investment committees
B) Execute Infrastructure Investments:
- Assist with the overall execution of investments
- Liaise with investment partners (other investors) and advisors (financial, legal, etc.)
C) Monitor Infrastructure Investments:
- Monitor ongoing financial and operational performance of Infrastructure investments
- Identify and help implement performance improvement initiatives at portfolio companies
- Assist in performing valuation reviews for Infrastructure investments
- Assist in building and leveraging relationships with portfolio company management teams
D) Build the Team:
- Participate in and contribute to weekly departmental meetings
- Share knowledge by coordinating and entering information into knowledge management databases
- Other relevant duties and projects as assigned
- Commensurate experience in investment banking or private equity with an emphasis on infrastructure desirable
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree and a track record of academic achievement
- Strong research, financial modelling, analytical and valuation skills
- Professionalism and integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills and business relationship skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Flexibility, adaptability and initiative
- Good judgement
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Team player who enjoys a high-performance culture
- Willingness to travel in a future environment where it is safe to do so
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-LW1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.