Senior Associate, Americas Leveraged Finance (Latin America Credit)
- 510 Madison Avenue, New York, NY
- Function: Investments
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
We are recruiting for a driven, adaptable Senior Associate to join the Americas Leveraged Finance group in the Credit Investments department in New York with a particular focus on Latin America Credit. The Americas Leveraged Finance group invests in corporate debt of non-investment grade sponsored and non-sponsored issuers in North America and Latin America. The group focuses on liquid and illiquid debt across the capital structure in the primary and secondary markets, including first lien loans, second lien loans, unitranche loans, high-yield bonds, convertible bonds, bridges, mezzanine debt and preferred equity.
The Senior Associate will work on Latin America credit opportunities, including but not limited to private loans, HY bonds, structured credit, and special situations, across the capital structure and a variety of industries and countries, collaborating with the wider Credit Investments group. The Senior Associate will work in a small team evaluating investment opportunities, conducting research, developing recommendations, participating in the negotiation and execution of investments and monitoring and managing investments.
Americas Leveraged Finance currently manages assets in excess of $16 billion, with individual investment size range targets from $100 million to over $1 billion. The Americas Leveraged Finance team has approximately 30 investment professionals.
- Independently research, analyze and evaluate credit investment opportunities across the capital structure, with a primary focus on the Healthcare and Industrials sectors
- Take a lead role in the negotiation of key deal terms, including legal documentation, and the execution a full private deal process
- Prepare and present investment recommendations to Investment Committees
- Actively contribute and add insight at Investment Committee for other deal teams
- Collaborate and manage relationships with various counterparties both internally and externally (investment banks, private equity sponsors, other lenders, etc.)
- Interface and manage relationships with stakeholders such as banks and sponsors to help originate quality deal flow
- Effective teacher to Associates and other junior talent through demonstration, instruction, and coaching
- Ongoing monitoring of portfolio investments and reporting performance highlights to Investment Committees
- 5+ years of financial services experience including 3+ years of credit investing experience
- Demonstrated exposure and interest in Latin America
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese;
- Track record of academic achievement and professional advancement
- Superior research, financial modeling, analytical, and valuation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong track record of managing junior talent and efficiently conducting complicated due diligence work under a compressed timeline, contributing to deal sourcing activities and working with external stakeholders (e.g. management, sponsors, investment banks, etc.)
- Advanced ability to provide insightful thoughts and investment recommendations regarding relative value across the capital structure and between different credits
- Experience in structuring and negotiating private credit deals in Latin America, including legal documentation
- Desire to live in New York and willingness to travel for work
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a fast learner
If you have an interest in working with talented professionals in the financial industry in an environment of integrity, partnership and high performance then you should consider a career in Americas Leveraged Finance at CPP Investments.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-LW1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.