Manager, Enterprise Vendor Governance & Procurement
- 1 Queen Street East, Toronto, Canada
- Function: Investments
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
We are looking to hire a Manager, Enterprise Vendor Governance & Procurement (“the Manager”) to join the newly formed Enterprise Procurement function. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Vendor Governance & Procurement, the Manager will directly support operationalizing the multi-year target operating model for the department. The Manager will support the ongoing socialization and implementation of the policy framework, governance, standardization of processes, supporting third-party risk management processes, spend reporting and business planning for technology enablement.
As the function evolves, the Manager will drive value through supporting the business in upstream procurement activities including category management, strategic sourcing, third-party risk and performance management and technology enablement.
- Assist in socializing and implementing the new enterprise Vendor Governance and Procurement Policy, Standard, Vendor Management Toolkit and Procurement Hub.
- Implement standardized third-party risk management processes and lead the vendor risk assessment process.
- Develop and implement procurement related reporting and monitoring related to vendor risk, performance, spend and commonly used sourcing methodologies.
- Support the deployment and successful implementation of the Source to Pay technology platform.
- Develop processes to support business areas through upstream procurement activities (category management, strategic sourcing, third-party performance management, value-added consolidated reporting).
- Manage, oversee and be accountable for ensuring procurements are conducted in a manner that is consistent with the Vendor Governance and Procurement Policy and Standard.
- Act as an advisor and subject matter expert to internal business partners and stakeholders by providing guidance and procurement advice on a range of procurement methodologies and best practice approaches.
- Lead and execute the procurement process for all procurement types and business partners (on an as-needed basis) in a manner that is consistent with the Vendor Governance and Procurement Policy and Standard and best practices.
- Provide a client-focused style in collaborating with business partners to maximize the benefit from their third-party relationships and ensure they meet business objectives.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management with an emphasis on Strategic Sourcing or Procurement is an asset. MBA or graduate degree in Supply Chain Management is a plus.
- National (Supply Chain Canada/SCMP) or international accreditation/certification in procurement law/supply management is an asset.
- Post-Secondary certification in contract management, risk management, negotiation, operations and process management or relevant discipline is an asset.
- A combination of relevant education and work experience will be considered.
- Five (5) years to seven (7) years of experience as a procurement professional in a public or private sector company or investment management organization.
- Specialized and strong procurement and third-party management (including risk, cost and performance management) expertise preferably in an asset management environment.
- Solid understanding of category management, strategic sourcing lifecycle, and vendor risk and performance management frameworks.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated experience identifying value and opportunities within third-party spend.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate contracts resulting in optimal cost, service and risk terms for the organization.
- Experience in developing processes/guidelines to support an enterprise procurement policy and familiarity with a range of RFx documents.
- Effective communicator both verbally and in writing with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure their timely and accurate completion.
- Excellent organization skills with superior attention to detail to successfully manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills that inspire trust, collaboration and operational excellence.
- Strategically oriented, inquisitive and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-AF1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.