Managing Director, Information Security Operations
- 1 Queen Street East, Toronto, Canada
- Function: Information Technology
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
The Managing Director, Information Security Operations will be a senior member of the Information Security group and Technology & Data department. The role will manage the Security Operations Center with direct responsibility for Detection & Monitoring Operations, Digital Forensics & Incident Response (DFIR), and Threat Hunting & Intelligence. The role will build/lead a small team and be hands-on with strong influence skills and ability to balance day-to-day execution with strategy. The successful candidate must have a proven track-record of working closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand and safeguard the assets, people, and processes across a global firm.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- Lead the Security Operations Center, monitor emerging threats, oversee DFIR capabilities, enable outcomes-based metrics, and work closely with internal and external stakeholders for incident responses to determine appropriate courses of actions.
- Develop and implement the next generation of cyber controls and threat analytics by leveraging automation, machine learning, and rich data sets.
- Identify and drive the end-to-end remediation of discovered or potential security vulnerabilities and mature operational security processes and procedures.
- With the Director, IT Risk Management, execute periodic security testing and reviews, promptly remediate any findings, and ensure policies, controls, and procedures are effective, documented, and understood by relevant stakeholders/roles through training and education.
- With the Head of Digital Transformation, enhance the Cloud security framework, including prevention, detection, and response controls for all Cloud environments, and drive DevSecOps adoption across the entire software development lifecycle by enabling tools, processes, and framework.
- With the CISO, build relationships with law enforcement, agencies, and advisory bodies to continuously improve and mature CPP Investments’ security posture.
If you possess the following, we'd like to hear from you:
- Bachelor Degree, with a technology or business emphasis, or equivalent education and experience.
- Possess one or more of the following industry certifications:
- CISSP / CISA / CISM
- CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional
- SABSA - Security Architecture
- Other industry recognized Information Security certifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of current cloud platforms, services and security best practices for their protection
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information security industry standards (e.g. ISO17799, ISO27001, NIST, COBIT, ITIL, etc), and legislative/regulatory requirements (e.g. SAS-70, SOX, B198, PIPEDA, etc)
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in information security including:
- Security Management, Policy & Procedure development, Governance Frameworks, Security Programs
- Experience working with MSS partners
- Developing and implementing cloud security architectures
- Risk Assessment, Risk Management
- Security Architecture, IS Infrastructure Processes
- Operational security (network architecture, application, systems)
- Strong vendor management
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Ability to create solutions to fit a diverse and complex environment
- Adaptable to new technologies and challenges not previously encountered
- Able to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders, including business leaders, operational staff and technical engineers
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to work with both technical and business users
- Self-motivated with acute attention to detail
- Innovative and proactive
- Exemplify CPP Investments’ Guiding Principles of Integrity, High Performance and Partnership
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-BG1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.