Procurement Manager, Technology & Data Business Management
- 1 Queen Street East, Toronto, Canada
- Function: Information Technology
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $500 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to reach $3 trillion by 2050. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
Reporting into Technology & Data Business Management, the Procurement Manager, Technology & Data Business Management will work collaboratively across the department with accountability for leading contract negotiations and operationalizing our vendor management strategy in accordance with the Enterprise Vendor Governance and Procurement Policy and Standard. This hands-on strategic role will be accountable for:
- Developing a strong strategy and operating model for Technology & Data procurement including the full sourcing and supplier management lifecycle, aligned with the Enterprise Vendor Governance and Procurement Standard.
- Proactive engagement with key Technology & Data partners to nurture large, complex relationships with partners to drive value, mitigate risks and optimize costs, applying enterprise framework standards.
- Bringing best practices and industry standards to the function to increase the value received from our partners. Working in collaboration with the Enterprise Vendor Governance and Procurement team on appropriate best practices and industry standards.
Major accountabilities include:
- Develop T&D’s procurement strategy and operating model.
- Develop and implement a contract negotiation framework and approach. Working with legal to develop standard Terms & Conditions for all Technology & Data contracts and working with the Enterprise Vendor Governance and Procurement team to align on contract negotiation framework and approaches.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvements on contract renewals.
- Proactive engagement with Technology & Data’s strategic partners to build relationships and derive value.
- Partners with stakeholders to define metrics and service level agreements (SLAs) for key vendor deliverables and activities to ensure service levels are achieved.
- Oversight of vendors contractual commitments to ensure compliance.
- Development of KPIs for ongoing assessment of partner
- Escalate vendor performance issues and work with partners to proactively resolve.
- Applying the Enterprise Vendor Governance and Procurement Standard, oversee the end-to-end lifecycle for procurement and vendor management that includes vendor selection, contracting, procurement, vendor management and termination. Partnering with the Enterprise Vendor Governance and Procurement team on best practices.
- Working with category/engagement owners, negotiate vendor contracts to ensure that CPP Investments' objectives and outcomes are achieved, vendor risks are mitigated, pricing is competitive and ensuring that vendors provide value to CPP Investments.
- Accountable for proactively monitoring contract pipeline, including renewals and terminations
- Partner with internal colleagues and subject matter experts to ensure sourcing requirements are properly captured.
Skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering or related field. CIPS/CPP/ISM/SCMP certification an asset.
- Experience in technology sourcing, contracting, and negotiating (hardware, software, cloud, application services, and other agreements).
- Leadership and management skills in implementing strategic sourcing plans or initiatives; building deal summaries and presentations to senior and executive level leaders.
- Proven persuasion and negotiation skills to lead vendor negotiations
- Solid knowledge of negotiation theory and strategies supported by multiple years of practice.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a track record of execution.
- Polished communication skills with experience presenting at the executive level. Ability to communicate credibly and persuasively with the broader organization and helping overcome the inevitable barriers to behavioral change.
- A “change agent” with proven ability to lead change across an organization in matters that require a major shift in thought and behavior.
- Proven ability to build strategic relationships and influence key stakeholders.
- Exemplifies CPP Investments' Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-BG1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Mandatory Vaccine Policy
Effective November 1, 2021, all employees in the Toronto, New York and San Francisco offices will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations to this policy will be made for medical or other protected grounds. Please contact us to discuss any accommodation needs.