Developer, Public Markets Technologies
- 1 Queen Street East, Toronto, Canada
- Function: Information Technology
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
You will work as a Developer in Public Markets Technologies, partnering with CPP Investments’ front office and investment operations departments to design, develop, and support software to assist with all aspects of the investment lifecycle.
You will see firsthand how your software is impacting trade activities and delivering long-term value to the CPP Fund for the benefit of 20 million CPP contributors and beneficiaries.
- Work in partnership with CPP Investments’ professionals to build software solutions enabling end-to-end investment lifecycle support including portfolio management and analysis activities, trade submission and execution, reporting and post-trade activities.
- Gain exposure to trading activities across a wide breadth of financial products including both listed and OTC types.
- Be a part of CPP Investments’ Digital Transformation, gaining hands-on experience with AWS technologies, employing DevOps and leveraging patterns and best practices defined to deliver scalable, maintainable, and flexible solutions.
- Assist with software solution architecture, manage timelines/deliverables and work closely with other developers on enhancement projects.
- Integrate your code with industry leading investment management platforms such as Charles River IMS.
- Promote Agile best practices through active team participation, knowledge sharing sessions, and maintenance of documentation on team wiki.
- Provide responsive business assistance while adhering to processes required for quality enterprise-level software development and support.
- Work closely with team management to contribute to multi-team initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you possess the following, we’d like to hear from you:
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- Experience in architecting and developing cloud-native solutions on AWS preferred.
- Strong knowledge of: Python or Java, SQL, and a passion to keep up-to-date in technology.
- Interest in capital markets and eagerness to contribute to the systems that support them.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and relationship management skills.
- Commitment to CPP Investment’ guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.