Senior Principal, Infrastructure, North America (Operational)
- 1 Queen Street East, Toronto, Canada
- Function: Finance
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
Reporting to Andrew Alley, Senior Principal, Infrastructure – North America & Asia Pacific, the Senior Principal will play a leadership role in making and managing infrastructure investments in North America in a team-based environment and will help oversee the 15-person Toronto and/or New York teams. You will:
- Contribute to the overall strategy of the group
- Apply extensive asset and/or business unit experience obtained from senior operational roles within utility or infrastructure-oriented organizations to evaluating investment opportunities and enhancing the value of CPP Investments’ infrastructure portfolio in Canada and the US
- Lead or co-lead deal teams and asset management teams as they execute transactions (performing valuation, due diligence, legal negotiation, etc.) and other key business initiatives, maintaining clear oversight of projects and key relationships
- Lead Investment Committee discussions on transactions and strategic matters impacting existing investments
- Represent CPP Investments on key portfolio Boards as required, working closely with executive management and internal teams to drive value creation
- Take responsibility for performance management, development and engagement of the team
- Be recognized as a culture carrier both within the team and in the market
- Be an enterprise standard bearer of CPP Investments’ Guiding Principles
As the ideal candidate, you are recognized for your innovative and thoughtful leadership. You have built a value-accretive track record and bring strong business judgement. You are a proven decision-maker who takes an enterprise perspective when evaluating opportunities. You are a highly effective communicator who can lead complex investment committee and board discussions; build a relationship of trust with key partners and stakeholders; and lead and inspire others across the Infrastructure group and broader organization. You are viewed as a strong mentor who focuses significant time on developing talent both as an active manager and a role model who leads and executes by example. You also have an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for building businesses.
- 10+ years of operational experience within an Infrastructure-related operating business or investment organization, with a proven track record of leading significant initiatives with successful operational and commercial outcomes
- Solid, demonstrated experience building, overseeing, leading, coaching and developing teams
- Significant experience managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Superior interpersonal skills, with excellent skills as a communicator (oral and written) and as a presenter
- A low ego with a desire to work in a collaborative, collegial culture focused on high performance
- Professionalism and integrity
- Principled and long term oriented
- Excellent business judgement
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Flexibility, adaptability, initiative and creativity
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package for this full time permanent position.
The position will be based out of the Toronto Office at 1 Queen Street East, Toronto, ON, M5C 2W5 or the New York Office at 510 Madison Avenue, New York, NY, 10022.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.