Associate/Senior Associate, Americas Structured Credit & Financials
- 1 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M5C 3G5, Canada
- Function: Finance
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
We are presently recruiting for a full-time Associate/Senior Associate, Americas Structured Credit & Financials in the Credit Investments department in Toronto, Canada. Reporting to a senior team member of the Americas Structured Credit & Financials team, you will play a key role in making and managing principal credit investments in North America. You will assist the team in evaluating credit investment opportunities, analyzing asset portfolios, developing sophisticated pricing and valuation models, conducting statistical research, developing investment recommendations, participating in the execution, monitoring and management of asset-backed investments.
Credit Investments currently manages assets in excess of $40bil; investment size ranges from $50M to over $1B. The Credit Investments team has over 70 investment professionals across North America, Europe and Asia. The ASCF group seeks high-yield investments in portfolios of credit and credit-like assets, as well as corporate credit investments in specialty finance companies and other financials. This includes purchasing or financing whole loan portfolios, such as residential mortgages, consumer credit, other smaller-scale credit, collateralized loan obligation and other asset-backed securities. The group also invests in intellectual property with royalty-related income streams backed by tangible and intangible assets globally.
- Research, analyze and evaluate structured credit investment opportunities across various industries, with a focus on ABS, structured products and financials;
- Build complex dynamic financial models to analyze investment opportunities, asset portfolios and financing structures (such as repo/warehouse facilities and securitization structures) using statistical analysis with capability to test assumptions and sensitivities and run scenario analyses and simulations;
- Stratify and analyze large data sets to identify historical performance trends, detect correlations, identify key drivers and derive key assumptions for projection period;
- Assist in preparing presentation materials and presenting investment recommendations to Investment Committees;
- Interact with external parties key to the investment process, including loan sellers, legal counsel, auditors, banks and leverage providers, among others
- Negotiate and execute investment opportunities, including reviewing legal documentation, working with internal operations, developing transaction structures
- Ongoing monitoring of portfolio investments and reporting performance highlights to CI and Investment Committees.
- 2 to 5 years of experience post undergraduate studies, preferably in credit investing or at a financial services firm with a focus in ABS/Securitization/Structured Credit areas. Experience may include (as principal or in advisory capacity) whole loan portfolio trading or investing, including financing such portfolios;
- Undergraduate degree in computational science, quantitative driven finance or economics, engineering, mathematics, statistics or accounting with track record of academic success (CFA or partial progress towards the designation is considered a plus);
- Strong quantitative, technical, research, financial modeling, analytical and valuation skills and expertise at modeling portfolios and structured finance opportunities;
- Experience and passion for analyzing and modeling large datasets using sophisticated statistical techniques, relevant analytical and data visualization tools/software and programming languages (experience with Intex, R, VBA, MatLab, Python, Tableau and/or other loan and statistical programs a plus);
- Broader US or International asset-backed securities (ABS) market experience is an asset, including in-depth understanding of market conventions/structures and legal documentation;
- Have a track record of being a reliable deal team member who produces accurate, high quality work and exhibits intellectual curiosity
- Experience in structuring or trading CLOs a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and business relationship skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to present an argument and distill complex information towards making an investment decision;
- Flexibility, adaptability, initiative and sound judgement;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Team player who contributes to a high performance culture;
- Demonstration of our guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.