Associate, Public Affairs & Communication (12 Month Contract)
- 1 Queen Street East, Toronto, Canada
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $400 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
We are looking for a dynamic Associate to join the Corporate Affairs group in CPP Investments’ Public Affairs & Communications (PAC) department for a 12-month contract.This role is for you if you have a curious mind, display exceptional organizational skills, and are interested in the challenges and issues facing global decision makers and investment industry leaders.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Strategic Communications, this position is responsible for providing management and coordination support for the development of the Fund’s external thought leadership. This candidate would be directly involved in production and publication of thought leadership content in a variety of mediums (white papers, speeches, presentations, etc.), across a variety of channels including our active web hub - Thinking Ahead, conferences, and industry events. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent writing skills, demonstrable business literacy and an ability to quickly grasp complexity.
- Contribute to content development relating to CEO initiatives.
- Manage and proactively update status tracking documents and editorial calendar for thought leadership hub, Thinking Ahead.
- Organize and maintain research, documents, reference and reading materials.
- Create and ideate on high quality presentations for use at internal and external meetings. Solicit necessary input from team members to develop presentations.
- Coordinate logistics for interviews with high-level executives and external organizations.
- Manage logistics for virtual events, including preparing and sending briefing packages to attendees, developing presentations, agendas and meeting materials.
- Provide full administrative support for the project team, including calendar management, preparation of correspondence and presentations.
- Assist with making appropriate arrangements for internal and external meetings and video/tele-conferences. Ensure team members are prepared for all internal and external meetings and any carry forward action items coming out of these meetings.
- Professional handling of incoming and outgoing correspondence and other confidential material.
- Handle confidential matters relating to the daily activities of producing thought leadership material, working with both external actors and internal colleagues.
- Carry out other duties as assigned relating to the ongoing activities of the Public Affairs and Communications department.
If you possess the following, we’d like to hear from you:
- College or university degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years project coordinator or project manager, experience in a fast-paced, complex, and high visibility organization.
- Experience in a communications agency, consulting or financial services environments highly preferred.
- Commands the ability to distill complex information into compelling, concise content and produce targeted materials for a variety of audiences.
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy. Results-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; self-motivated, flexible and proactive.
- Demonstrated and highly effective written and oral communication skills.
- Solid, demonstrated knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook.
- Robust understanding and proficiency with corporate use of social platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to foster effective working relationships.
- Proven ability to work with and have strong comfort level with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to readily adapt to a rapidly changing environment, and remain proactive.
- Ability to function well in a professional, high performance, and deadline-oriented culture.
- Able to work flexible hours outside of core office hours as required.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality and exhibiting a high level of professionalism at all times.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.