Associate, Real Estate Valuations (Americas)
- 1 Queen Street East, Toronto, Canada
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $400 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
An integral member of the team responsible for valuing the $46B CPP Investments’ global real estate portfolio, which includes a cross-section of institutional calibre office, retail, industrial, and housing assets. The position is responsible for quarterly property and portfolio level valuations and analysis, primarily in the Americas, and for supporting the ongoing evolution of valuation processes.
- Own and manage the quarterly valuations for assigned portfolio(s) of properties
- Independently prepare property level valuations and analyse at the consolidated portfolio level
- Build and maintain models using Argus Enterprise valuation software and Excel
- Review and incorporate partner operating budgets and reporting
- Manage external appraisal process and relationships, from commissioning through to review and finalization in collaboration with the appraisers and internal stakeholders
- Research and integrate relevant market activity, surveys, commentary for assigned portfolio(s)
- Report and defend valuation results to senior valuation and investment leadership, and auditors
- Contribute and adapt to team valuation process and reporting improvement initiatives
- Forge relationships across CPP Investments and work collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Mentor junior staff
- Other duties and/or projects as required
- Relevant undergraduate degree – business, real estate, urban planning and development
- AACI accreditation, or international equivalent, awarded or in progress
- 7+ years progressive commercial real estate experience in valuation, asset management or investments; international and multiple asset class exposure are advantageous
- Proven expertise in commercial property valuation, and portfolio level reporting and analytics
- Strong Argus Enterprise skills, with experience modelling complex recoveries
- Advanced MS Office applications user (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); Tableau, VBA beneficial
Who You Are:
- Well organized with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Capable of working independently in a deadline-oriented environment
- Team player with a focus on team goals and initiatives
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Solid written and verbal communication skills; able to present findings clearly and concisely
- Adaptable to ongoing process improvements and change initiatives in a fast-paced setting
- Open minded and able to consider new ways of looking at information and analytics
- Exemplify CPP Investments’ Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.