Senior Advisor, Global Mobility (12-month contract)
- 1 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M5C 3G5, Canada
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $400 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
CPP Investments is hiring a Senior Advisor, Global Mobility. This is an opportunity to use your stellar advisory and case management skills to manage international assignments in or out of any of our nine offices around the world. It is also a unique opportunity to contribute towards updates and modernization of our programs and vendor services.
The Senior Advisor, Global Mobility is a key member of the Global Mobility Team. The position reports to the Global Mobility functional leader and works closely with the Analyst, Global Mobility. The Senior Advisor will also work closely with Total Rewards colleagues, HR Business Partners, Recruiters and external advisors globally.
The successful hire will be a strong contributor who enjoys managing all aspects of mobility for a diverse population of international employees. With Global Mobility being an important aspect of our talent development culture and organizational strategy, the role has a significant impact in enhancing our employee value proposition, advancing our competitive advantage as an employer, and supporting our corporate 2025 strategy.
- Drive the international assignment process, leading approvals, managing timelines, and working with employees, managers and vendors to meet start dates, and immigration requirements while providing stellar end-to-end employee support.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on matters related to Relocation and Immigration internally, which includes staying updated on latest legislation and industry trends.
- Interpret Global Mobility and Relocation Policies to inform/advise colleagues and assignees.
- Analyze exception requests to policies (Assignment, Relocation, Immigration) and provide informed recommendations to Manager, Global Mobility.
- Work closely with Analyst, Global Mobility providing guidance and training on more complex relocation and immigration matters.
- At times, provide high touch global mobility support and counselling to all levels within the organization, including senior leaders.
- Work with external legal counsel and HR colleagues to discuss immigration case planning for foreign worker population.
- Provide project support which may include drafting communication materials, conducting research, and informal benchmarking.
- Partner with external partners (RMC and immigration counsel) to ensure employee and organizational needs are met.
- Active participant in special projects, analysis and other duties, as required.
- Strong advisory skills combined with customer service orientation. Experience as an expat or assignee is a plus.
- Positive attitude and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Tenacity, can-do attitude, ability to learn quickly, and remain current with industry changes/challenges.
- Problem solver, with ability to accurately identify issues, examine various options, and drive optimal solutions the meet business and employee needs.
- Self-motivated, flexible, energetic and adaptable in a high performance culture.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Natural ability to manage priorities, keep organized, and multi-task while providing a high level of service.
- Experience in Global Mobility, Relocation Management or Global HR is required.
- Undergraduate degree or relevant work experience, ideally with a professional designation such as GMS, CHRP/CHRL or CERP an asset.
- Analytical and superior ability to come to sound decisions on complex issues, with tact and consideration to sensitive and urgent issues.
- Able to work in a high performing team and who can also work independently.
- Advanced written and verbal English communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels throughout the organization.
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.