Senior Associate, Private Equity Asia, Hong Kong
- 15 Queen's Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
- Function: Finance
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Associate for the Private Equity Asia group with a focus on direct private equity investments. Located in our Hong Kong office and reporting to the Managing Director & Head of Private Equity Asia, the Senior Associate plays a key role in making direct investments in the Asia Pacific region.
- Work with team to grow CPP Investments' private equity business in Asia by contributing to investment origination, execution, asset management and team talent development
- Support investment origination by conducting industry and company research, contributing to development of potential investment themes, identifying attractive investment targets, building sector knowledge and network over-time
- Work with team and support the development of investment thesis and risks
- Lead execution of small co-investments or major workstreams for large, complex investment opportunities, including working independently or leading junior team members to conduct market research, competitive analysis, management team assessment, regulatory trend study, financial performance and return analysis etc. In particular, the candidate needs to have the capability to construct financial models for various deal opportunities from minority investments to leveraged buy-out transactions
- Manage and work with 3rd party advisors, when relevant, to drive due diligence insights. Work with company management/manage relations to achieve differentiated investment angles
- Contribute to investment recommendation and approval process, including drafting investment recommendations, presenting to investment committees and answering committee questions
- Support the negotiation and execution of agreements and other transaction-related legal documentation
- Contribute to asset management efforts by monitoring on-going financial performance of portfolio companies, participating in specific value creation initiatives when appropriate, reviewing valuations of portfolio companies periodically, coordinating with other internal groups on asset management related matters
- Support the management and enhancement of relationships with key stakeholders, including investment partners, advisors and portfolio management teams etc.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of potential exit alternatives
- Contribute to the development of junior team members by providing timely feedback and on-the-job coaching. Participate in organizational level initiatives such as Inclusion & Diversity to enhance CPP Investments culture
- Participate in and contribute to group level and department meetings
- 6+ years of private equity, investment banking, strategic consultant or other relevant experience (private equity experience preferred; Asia market experience preferred)
- Strong research, financial modeling, analytical and valuation skills
- Solid, demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Experienced in driving important areas of private equity investing, conducting complicated due diligence work, contributing to deal sourcing activities and working with company management effectively for value creation
- Demonstrated capability of working effectively with 3rd parties, including guiding the diligence focus, managing the process/ timetable of deliverables and providing feedback etc. Strong team player. Demonstrated capability of working closely with team members and delivering quality work under tight schedule
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a fast learner
- Can do attitude
- Fluent in English and Mandarin; Both written and verbal communication
- Candidates must exhibit conduct consistent with our guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance and be willing to travel extensively
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.