Senior Manager, Portfolio Insights and Analytics
- 40 Portman Square, London, United Kingdom
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Senior Manager of Portfolio Insights and Analytics is a newly created role focusing on driving fit for purpose reporting content and insights for our global private investments. The role will be responsible for providing value add reporting support for internal business partners, and developing and governing reporting best practices for CPPIB.
You will provide experience, technical knowledge and leadership to develop analytical capabilities to advance the reporting activities. You will be instrumental in setting the direction of the group in Europe while supporting the scalability of reporting processes and platforms.
- Working within and across departments to ensure a consistent and accurate ‘story’ across all produced reports and audiences
- Review annual reports and financial statements from multiple private holdings to develop comprehensive analysis on their financial, operational and strategic activities
- Providing fit for purpose, value-added reporting and insights on investment holdings to assist senior portfolio managers to drive commercial insights and to meet the needs of key business stakeholders
- Proactively anticipating CPPIB reporting needs based on macro-economic and industry changes, and the evolving complexity of CPPIB
- Partner with the international relationship management teams to develop self-serve capabilities and multi-dimensional reporting to adapt to the evolving needs of our stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in deriving actionable insight from both qualitative and quantitative information, and relaying such insights effectively to senior leadership audiences.
- Experience analyzing company’s financial statements and synthetizing key impacts related to accounting standards and methodologies, while performing apples-to-apples comparability across multiple portfolio companies.
- Ability to interpret, understand and communicate changes in accounting methodologies within portfolio companies financial statements.
- Experience working in a global multi-strategy fund, recognized public or private pension fund, sovereign wealth fund or international investment bank or asset manager.
- Experience in accounting is required, preferably with an accounting certification or CFA.
- Understanding of how to effectively package and deliver insights to differing stakeholder groups, across function and locations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas.
- Be part of a global team with operations in Europe, Asia, North and South America.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package for this full time permanent position.
The position will be based out of the London Office at 40 Portman Square, London, W1H 6LT
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.