Senior Summer Associate, Private Equity Asia (Summer 2020)
- 15 Queen's Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $392 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
You will join us as a Senior Summer Associate for the Summer of 2020 within our Private Equity Asia “PE Asia”. PE Asia group focuses on the following:
Private Equity Asia
- Direct Private Equity: Focuses on making direct private equity investments in the Asia Pacific region.
- Funds: Primary commitments to private equity funds and co-investments alongside our private equity fund partners. CPPIB is one of the world’s largest private equity fund investors and maintains relationships with more than 50 general partners globally
- Secondaries: Participates in the private equity secondary market through three strategies: i) acquiring interests in existing funds (LP Secondaries), ii) providing fund liquidity solutions to existing funds (Direct Secondaries), and iii) providing structured financing to owners of private equity assets (Structured Secondaries).
What you’ll do
- Analyzing investment opportunities for a variety of industries, companies and securities
- Performing detailed and managing due diligence process (including the scoping and hiring of third party advisors)
- Building complex financial models to assist in investment evaluation, structuring and financing
- Actively participating in the investment process
- Participating in asset management and monitoring
- Participating in the negotiation of legal documentation
Who we’re looking for
Candidates in an MBA program with an expected graduation date in 2021 are eligible to apply. We look for candidates with a finance focus. At the Summer Senior Associate level, special consideration is given to those who have at least 3 years of related work experience, a strong skill-set in financial modeling, valuation and analytics, as well as good communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills. In addition, the strongest candidates often combine energy, enthusiasm, and intellectual curiosity, with demonstrated interest in investing.
If you have an interest in working with talented professionals in the financial industry in an environment of integrity, partnership and high performance, then you should consider a career in at CPP Investment Board.
Reminder to please include a cover letter, resume, and transcripts (full unofficial version)
Deadline: December 6th, 2020 at 11:59pm HKT
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.