Senior Analyst, Management Insights & Analytics
- 1 Queen Street East, Toronto, Canada
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Management Insights & Analytics (MI&A) Team is looking for a Senior Analyst who is enthusiastic about using data to tell stories and solve problems. Within the Finance, Analytics and Risk (FAR) department, the MI&A team delivers actionable insights and advanced analytical solutions to support Management and Investment Department decision-making, as well as Board oversight.
You will be responsible for measuring, analyzing and explaining key aspects of the Fund’s activities. The opportunity:
- Gain a broad perspective of the business across investment departments and core services functions.
- Effectively turn business questions into data analysis, drive insights and provide meaningful recommendations to Senior Management.
- Prototype and build information solutions, including scalable views and dashboards to measure key metrics and activity across both public and private markets strategies.
- Deliver insightful, polished content for use in quarterly reporting to Senior Management.
- Create and maintain data mapping and related processes to support key reporting metrics and views.
- Partner effectively with multiple stakeholders to deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs.
- Other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree
- At least 3 years of relevant experience. Understanding of performance measurement and performance attribution methodologies (i.e. time weighted vs. dollar weighted returns, arithmetic vs. geometric attribution) an asset.
- Experience with data, including working experience with programming languages (e.g., SQL, Python) to build data and analytical solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills with a curious and tenacious approach to answering difficult questions
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word. Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Qlik is considered an asset.
- Exhibit high attention to detail and accuracy while meeting deadlines and working under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and initiative. Candidates must be comfortable with changing priorities and new challenges in their role.
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-OU1
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.