Analyst/ Associate, Real Estate Investments, Mumbai, India
- 3 North Avenue, Mumbai, India
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed half a trillion dollars by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are looking for an Analyst / Associate to join the Real Estate Investments (REI) team in India within the Real Assets Group. CPPIB’s approach to real estate investment is to pursue larger and scalable JV transaction opportunities with high quality partners (such as Indospace and Phoenix Mills). CPPIB is growing rapidly and scale of our investments is constantly increasing. REI manages a C$47.5 billion of equity investments globally and over C$900 million of equity investments in India.
Based in India, you will be a key contributor to scaling the India REI business and will be actively involved in: i) analysis and execution of new investments; and ii) portfolio and asset management of existing India portfolio. This will provide broad exposure across multiple real estate sectors such as industrial / warehousing, office, retail and residential.
Role Specific Accountabilities
Analyze And Execute Real Estate Investment Opportunities:
- Examine and analyse potential investments and partnerships including Joint Ventures, club deals and other investments using computer models and other quantitative analytical tools
- Conduct research on property sector and contribute towards qualitative and quantitative analysis of broader work streams
- Assist in the underwriting process of Real Estate investments by creating financial models and other required tools of analysis
Assist in the writing of investment recommendation memorandums for presentation to various CPPIB Investment Committees for transaction approval
- Lead specific aspects of the execution of the real estate investment transaction
- Participate in due diligence meetings with partners and external advisors
- Coordinate closing activities internally and externally
Monitor existing Real Estate Investments:
- Participate in the monitoring and management of the investments and partnerships through periodic reviews, providing direction and advice to the asset / property manager
- Prepare quantitative analysis of asset business plans
- Assist in the presentation of investment reviews to senior management
- Reviews capital commitments and distributions related to real estate investments
- Works directly with staff in other departments and external service providers on various projects and assignments
- Other relevant duties and projects as assigned
- Post Graduate degree such as MBA from a top ranking Indian institution or a global institution
- Other professional qualifications such as a CFA or CA would be an added advantage
- 1-3 years of experience in India or globally
- Experience in real estate sector would be preferred but is not essential
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Displays a high degree of professionalism, with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Extensive working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), in particular, ability to financial model with Excel
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills
- Experience in compiling data and financial information
- Flexibility, adaptability and forward-thinking
- Team player who enjoys a high performance culture
- Open to and comfortable with constantly evolving and changing priorities and new challenges
- Conduct consistent with CPPIB’s Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-AC1
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.