Associate/Senior Associate - Data Scientist, Investment Analytics and Insights
- 1 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M5C 3G5, Canada
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Investment Analytics and Insights (IAI) Team is looking for an Associate/Senior Associate - Data Scientist to incorporate alternative data into the discretionary investing process. The role of the Data Scientist is to leverage their skills in data analysis and visualisation to answer the most critical investment questions using any required technology/data and will be integrated with the investment team. The goal is to help make better investment decisions by drawing proprietary insights from data.
- Blend alternative sources of data with discretionary investment research to generate important and actionable investment ideas
- Work in a fast-paced environment, collocated with data engineers, data scientists and portfolio managers.
- Leverage cutting edge technology and data to make the most informed investment decisions by building deeply proprietary research methodologies.
- Define and shape CPPIB’s future research process.
- Advanced university degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics or other quantitative field preferred.
- Experience with private equity due diligence process is required.
- Deep experience working with both structured and unstructured big data including data exploration/analysis.
- Deep proficiency with one or more programming languages and statistical packages such as Python, R, pandas, pyspark, SQL.
- Very familiar working with time-series and panel data and performing manipulations.
- Familiarity working with ETL pipelines.
- Experience using cloud providers and associated services – AWS/GCP/etc.
- Familiarity working with data lakes using S3/Redshift.
- Exposure to big data workflows and analytics tools (Spark/Databricks/Cassandra).
- Familiar with one or more analytic tools such as Tableau, Looker and creating clear and effective visual displays of data.
- Knowledge of and interest in discretionary investment research.
- Interest in predictive analytics / machine learning.
- Creative and logical thinking.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and be a self-starter.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-BG1
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.