Managing Director, Digital Transformation
- 1 Queen Street East, Toronto, ON, ca
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are currently recruiting for a Managing Director, Digital Transformation, reporting to the Senior Managing Director, Chief Technology & Data Officer. In this position, you will play a key role in the transformation of our Technology & Data organization. Specifically you will:
- Lead and continue to build exceptionally talented teams with a focus on emerging technology, fungible skill sets and a one team model;
- Build a world-class architecture function governed by well-defined architecture principles and processes;
- Work across Technology & Data stakeholders and CPPIB stakeholders in the prioritization and sequencing of work; complementing the business architecture with a technical architecture;
- Identify and implement emerging technologies to enable automation, digital content and data, artificial intelligence/machine learning, and cloud-based technologies;
- Bring together IT support functions, including Infrastructure, IT Operations, and service support, into one operating model and provide clearly defined roles and responsibilities;
- Guide the IT-for-IT and Data-for-Data transformation initiatives especially those leveraging expertise in emerging technologies.
- Effective and efficient leadership of large teams.
- Excellent ability to influence across levels and departments in order to drive large scale change.
- Demonstrated understanding of upstream and downstream technology and data dependencies; and strong understanding of the entire data lifecycle.
- Strong external networks across technology and data communities enabling early sightings of new technologies and practices.
- Relevant undergraduate degree or graduate degree.
- Demonstrate our guiding principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance.
Please note this role may be located in Toronto or New York.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-JC1
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.