Managing Director, Data & Advanced Analytics
- 1 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M5C 3G5, Canada
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed half a trillion dollars by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are currently looking for a Managing Director, Head of Data & Advanced Analytics who will lead and evolve CPPIB’s Data & Advanced Analytics strategy. Reporting to the Senior Managing Director, Chief Technology & Data Officer, you will work with a high calibre team to develop and execute a strategy that will enable CPPIB to scale and deploy investment capital in a differentiated manner utilizing Data & Advanced Analytics. This is a transformative role.
A key part of this strategy will be defining and enabling CPPIB’s data-driven edge in investing strategy and capabilities. You have deep domain expertise in advanced analytics; having solved complex business problems through the correlation of multiple data sources and created sophisticated algorithms. You will play an essential role in highlighting to colleagues the potential presented by the development of advanced analytics.
As well, the Director, Innovation will report to you with a mandate to support the acceleration of innovation initiatives across the organization.
- Expand our existing Market Data Services and Data Operations by working with all areas of CPPIB and expanding its capabilities, going beyond portfolio, market and reference data.
- In parallel, define and launch a firm-wide Data Governance processes and capabilities.
- Work collaboratively within CPPIB to instill good Data Governance practices, stewardship, and controls across our Technology deliverables and manual processes.
Advanced Analytics & Innovation
- Build and launch new advanced analytics, innovation, prototyping, and strategic investments skillsets.
- Build out teams that will quickly understand our business, as well as our competitive, data, and application landscape.
- Work collaboratively with the investment departments to define our data edge and contribute to the development of the roadmap for our long-term strategy.
- With investment departments, evangelize and define new data sources and analytical opportunities and then incorporate analytical outcomes into the management of our portfolio and investment decisions.
- Oversee innovation activities across the firm to ensure that they are aligned with CPPIB’s strategy.
- Demonstrated experience and success introducing and working with emerging technologies
- Proven ability to manage teams to a transformative outcome
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with past experience successfully managing change
- Ability to connect the dots on impacts of projects and requests to see the bigger picture
- Undergraduate and graduate degree desired
- Financial services industry experience an asset
- Demonstrate CPPIB’s guiding principles of High Performance, Integrity and Partnership
Please note that this role may be located in Toronto or New York.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.#LI-JC1
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.